Chapter 4

Maddie was coming towards me as Abby walked in. She had a huge smile on her face. Maddie shuffled back to her spot and rolled her eyes at me. "Okay Girls, I have big news!!" Abby said. "Cut!" One of the producers said. "Abby, sound more excited, More enthusiastic." Abby scoffed. "1..2..3.. ACTION!"

  "Girls, Today I have spectacular news!" She said, and plastered a fake smile on her face. "We will be adding one more member to the team! And.." She paused. "It's a boy!" Everyone clapped and cheered. Maddie, Kendall, and Mackenzie went crazy and started fluffing their hair. "Okay Everyone, Please welcome, Zane Gene!!" A boy around my age entered the room. He had light brown eyes, brown hair, and tan skin. He had blue braces on. He was pretty cute. Maddie nearly fainted. "Now, Zane, Would you like to introduce yourself?" Abby said, motioning him to the front of the studio."Well, My name is Zane Gene. I turned 14 around 2 weeks ago. My favorite color is blue and I dance hip hop, lyrical, contemporary, jazz, acro, and a bit of ballet." Everyone clapped. "Okay, let's go on with pyramid!" Abby continued. Maddie was at the top, as usual, then it was Kendall, Mackenzie, Kalani,, Angelic, Sophie, Me, then Zane. "We will be having no group number this week, only a duet and solos." Abby said. "Maddie  will be having a solo called Whatever Happened To Us. It's a spunky jazz routine. Mackenzie, your solo is called Fly Around. It's an acro routine. Kendall, your solo is called Beautiful Storm, and it's a lyrical routine. Sophie, your routine is called What Do You Want, and it's hip hop. Angelic, your solo is a contemporary routine and it's called Run Away. Nia, I decided to turn the tables and give you a lyrical routine called Left Out." Sounds familiar. "Oh, and for you Zane," Abby said, staring at him. "We will hold auditions and you get to decide who will be your partner. The routine is lyrical and it's called Stay By Me."

  First up for the auditions was Maddie. Obviously Abby fell in love with her facials and technique. But, to be honest, Zane didn't seem that fond of it. They didn't really connect. That went on and on until it was finally my turn. I sat down on the floor, knees to my chest. The music started. I rocked myself back and forth and Zane picked up my hand and went into an aerial. We did a few pirouettes. I smiled as he lifted me up and placed me gently onto the floor. Our facials were absolutely perfect. We were emotionally connected to each other and the dance. I ended in a middle split and him walking away. Abby's jaw dropped to the floor. "Oh my, Nia, That was.. Amazing! That was.. I-I.. I have no words!" She stuttered. I smiled and said thank you. "I have my choice" Zane said.