Chapter 20

"Mmm..." I groaned. I looked down, and saw a navy blue blanket wrapped over my body. I shot up, and saw Zane looking through a box. "Zane?!" I shouted. He jumped and landed butt-first. I started dying of laughter.

"Nia! That's not funny! You scared me!!" He whined, getting up.

"I'm sorry!! It's hilarious!"

He walked to the bed and sat on the edge. He grabbed my hand and looked at me with his gorgeous eyes.

"So, like, did you almost die?" Zane questioned.

I stared at him. "What the heck?"

"Did you almost die? When you got hit?"

"I don't think so? You know, you don't always die when you get hurt. The chance of you actually dying is in gods hands." I said wisely, getting up from
the bed.

"Well, God loves you today, because apparently your not dead!!" Zane joked.

"Shut up." I said.

"I mean, aren't I right?" He said.

"Shut. Up."

"Love you too."

.-.-.

"Zane, do you like dreams?" I asked, skipping to the park bench. I plopped into my seat and turned around only to see Zane running towards me. "It depends. That's like asking, 'do you like nightmares?'" He answered.

"Well, I'm talking about dreams in general."

"I mean I guess. I like good dreams. Dreams like... Cotton candy as clouds and chocolate rain. Nightmares are the worst."

"Why? I actually like nightmares. Mine always turn out good at the end."

"One time when I was 11, I had a dream that my family was in the hunger games. Killing people left and right." Zane claimed. I nodded. Moments like these I want to cherish. Zane and I having the most random conversations.

"Zane.. I-"

"NIA WATCH OUT!"

And with that, I blacked out.