Chapter 18

"I-I.. W-What are you doing here?" I stuttered. I denied his hand and got up on my own. "I wanted a drink. So I came to Starbucks." He replied. "Zane, you don't understand. My mom's here."

"Nia? Who's that young boy?" My mom shouted from our table.

"Oh my gosh.. She is so embarrassing!" I muttered.

"Nia, I think it's time I meet her already. She has to know by now, right?" Zane asked.

"I mean.. Yeah, she knows. But are you sure about meeting her? I just don't know. Is it too soon?" I asked, just to make sure he was being serious.

"Yes Nia. I'm absolutely positive that I want to meet Ms. Holly." He joked. He took my hand slowly and walked me to my table and we both sat down beside each other.

"Zane? Why are you here?" My mom asked.

"I'm here to tell you that i'm your daughters boyfriend." Zane said back. I gave him a nasty glare and he winked at me.

"Oh." My mom said. "Well, this is awkward. Why did you decided to join us today?"

"It was completely by chance I decided it was time for me to actually get to know you. I've obviously seen you in the studio but I haven't gotten to see your personality."

"I'll go grab our drinks. Zane, you want anything?" I asked.
"No, it's okay, I'll pay for my things" Zane replied back.

  I went up to the cashier once again and got our drinks. I decided to buy Zane 2 chocolate-chip cookies. I walked back to my table for what seemed like the 15th time today, and sat down. I handed my mom her drink and gave Zane his two cookies. "Thanks NiaBoo." Zane joked. He stuffed both cookies into his mouth at the same time as we talked.

.-.-.
  "Bye Zane. See you tomorrow." I ended the call and turned off my phone. I looked out the car window. The rain was pouring lightly onto the ground, wetting the grass and concrete. "Today was fun." I told my mom. "I know! We should do this again sometime! We went to Starbucks, trampoline park, it was so fun!" My mother exclaimed going into the garage. I nodded, and started walking into the house. I walked up the staircase and entered my room. I took a small shower, then tied my hair up into a messy ponytail. I put on a random sweat shirt and black sweat pants. I jumped into my bed and feel into a wonderful sleep. I. Was. Exhausted.

.-.-.

My eyes fluttered open to the sounds of cars honking. I woke up and checked the time.

7:31 a.m.

  I rolled off my bed, only to land onto the floor. "Ouch.." I whispered. Crawling to my dresser, I hear a buzz from my phone. It was probably just a good morning text from Zane. I picked out an ALDC teal bra top and teal boy shorts. I let my hair loose and wet it a bit. My natural curls looked absolutely amazing, so all I did was add a white headband. I slipped into a random pair of white sneakers, picked up my phone, marked off a day from my calendar, and ran downstairs. Mom was making scrambled eggs with bacon. 

Finally! Some real food. I thought.

I sat at the counter and ate up all my food. Me and mom walked to our car, together, and drove off to the ALDC.

.-.-.

  Walking into the studio, I noticed Mackenzie and Kendall comforting Maddie. "That little sneak!" shrieked Mackenzie. "She tried to hide it from us!" Kendall said. Maddie was completely sobbing and didn't say a word. I walked passed them and bumped into Maddie, purposely. "My fault." I muttered, loud enough for them to hear. 

My fault for making you bully me for the past 3 years.

  I went into the den, hugged Zane, and set my stuff down. We started to use Snap chat and all the filters. Zane looks too cute with the dog one! Ah I can't even! Before you could say I love you, Abby started shouting for everyone to come into Studio A. Everyone got into our places. We anxiously waited for Abby to tell us who's on the top. But, instead of a pyramid, she had a trapezoid. 'What? Has Abby lost her mind once again?' Only two people were at the top, four were at the bottom,and one was in the center.