Chaptet 6

"What are you two doing?" Gianna exclaimed as she came bursting into the room. Both me and Zane quickly looked away from each other. "N-nothing." I stammered. "Well, your costumes are here. Abby said to try them on." Gianna continued. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything." She teased. "Heheh... Come on Nia let's go try on the costumes." Zane said, taking me by the hand and rushing me out of the room. I went into the dancers den and took my costume from one of the racks. It was gorgeous. It was a royal blue leotard with a high-low skirt along with a black chocker. It had rhinestones surrounding the lining separating the skirt and the Leo. I slipped on my tan jazz shoes and changed in the girls changing room. I got out and Zane was waiting for me outside. He looked super cute. He had a royal blue tux jacket with matching pants and a black tie. He had his black jazz shoes on. "You look cute!" I blurted. "Why, thank you. I guess you do too." He teased. I smiled.

.-.-.

After dance and counseling I went into my house and slammed the door. I listened to my duet music and couldn't stop thinking about Zane. I decided to write another entry into my diary. I grabbed a purple pen and sat on my desk.
Dear Diary,
Today couldn't have gotten better! I met a boy named Zane and he seems to like me. He's on the ALDC competition team with me. I know Maddie has her eyes on him, but he didn't seem like he liked her that much at all. I'm so happy I could burst! He's super sweet too. Did I mention? We also have a duet, and Abby gave me a solo! And it's lyrical! Well, I should be going. I'm kind of hungry. Talk to you later.

Just as I shut my diary my mom called me to the kitchen to eat. I walked to the table only to find my plate with a salad on it. Is this woman trying to starve me to death?