Chapter 10

When me and Angelic arrived at the studio I said hi to Zane, who was waiting for me at the front desk. Angelic went to go talk to Abby about her solo so it was just me and him. "Oh, Hello Zane!" Squealed Maddie. I tapped my foot and waited to see what he would do. "H-hi. You scared me a bit." He stuttered. He took two steps away from her and I chuckled. "What are you laughing about, Frazier?" Maddie said staring at me. "I'm laughing at you." I replied back. She scoffed and tried to act like she was the innocent one. After a few minutes she went back to Kendall, Mackenzie, and Kalani. Angelic was now talking to Sophie.
"Wanna sit with me in the bus?" Zane asked shyly. "Sure!" I immediately said. "That was kind of a quick response." He said nudging me in the shoulder. I rolled my eyes at him jokingly. He smiled. His smile was so beautiful and it made me feel all fuzzy inside.

.-.-.

After a long, long, wait, Abby finally told us to get into the bus. "The competition is around 2-3 hours away. Get comfy." She added with sarcasm. Everyone expect for her and the mothers sat in the back. Me and Zane sat in the last two seats and everyone else crowded around us. "You good?" Asked Zane as he sat beside me. "I am now." I said. I covered my mouth quickly and stared at the floor. He laughed. "Well good because I am too!" He teased. A few minutes after talking to each other, he took my left hand and held it. I stared at him, about to speak, but he just shushed me. I stared down to the floor. "Nia.. I.." He began. "What?" I asked softly. "Nia I really like you. And I'm not just saying that because I feel bad for you, or anything. Your not like those girls who act stupid in front of a guy. You be yourself, and I love that about you. I really like you. A lot. And I just want to know if you feel the same way about me."

I was speechless.