Chapter 9

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my hands down and staring at him. He was still speechless.
"Y-Your wrists. They have cuts in them." He stuttered, looking at the scars. My face went red with embarrassment. He looked into my eyes and grabbed me by the hand and took me out of that studio. "We are going to the acro room." He told Gianna. We got into the room and sat on the floor. I stared at the floor. He picked my chin up so I could look at him in the eyes. "What is going on, Nia? Is there something you aren't telling me?" He asked with worry is in eyes. "W-well..." I began. "It's a long story. Four years ago my parents divorced and my father took custody of my brothers, and my mother took custody of me. I was separated from them and I wasn't allowed to visit them
at all. And my mom took me out of public school for the show, and she didn't even give me a choice. She became obsessed with fame and her T.V. image. She puts me on diets to make me loose weight, because she constantly says that chubby girls don't look good on shows. And she compares me to Maddie saying that she is skinny, and that she is isn't crazy. I got depressed around a year after the divorce. Ever since then I've been cutting. My mom put be in counseling after realizing I was depressed and I still go to this day." I explained. He looked at me with sorrow on his face. "I'm so sorry Nia." He said pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back. He held my hand and then looked into my eyes.

He leaned in closer and closer until we kissed.

.-.-.

  After that day I went to Angelic's house. I decided not to tell her about the kiss and I would tell her another time. We did usual sleep over stuff, then went to sleep at around 9:30 because of the competition tomorrow. The next day I was the first one awake so I quickly got ready. After brushing my teeth and flat ironed my hair and added a golden flower clip. I put on a black ALDC tank top and added my ALDC jacket. I put in black leggings and red ALDC boots. After that, I went into the kitchen. I made breakfast for Angelic. I served myself a fruit bowl and ate it. I used my phone until Angelic and her mother came downstairs. "You were up early." Angelic groaned. Her hair was in a ballerina bun, and she had a yellow sundress on with her ALDC jacket. "Maybe you were just up late." Courtney, her mother, said. I laughed at her joke. Angelic ate her breakfast and we all drove off to the studio.