Chapter 8

Everyone rushed into the studio and quickly got into a line. "Girls" Abby said, "I recently found out that this competition will be an open critique. This is the last day we have to practice, and we need to perfect these solos. I want Nia, Maddie, Angelic, and Mackenzie to stay here, and the rest of you guys could go into Studio B to practice. I started to stretch in my middle splits when Maddie came towards me with a disgusted look on her face. "You need a little help?" She asked innocently, pushing me down to the ground with as much force she could've used. I screamed in pain, making everyone, including Abby, look in my direction. I had fear in my face and tears streaming down my cheeks. Maddie quickly removed her hands from my back. "I was just trying to help her get into a deeper stretch." She said calmly. I rolled my eyes, and wiped the tears from my face. I got up and moved to the other side of the room.

.-.-.

  Finally it was my turn to practice my solo. I laid on the floor, waiting for my music to start. I slowly got up and waved both hands back and forth. I started to get lost in my dance. I didn't think about Maddie or my mom, even Abby or Zane. I was focused. At one point I couldn't even hear the music. I was just dancing freely. The choreography was astonishing. A few turns and leaps later, the dance ended with me running off. Abby's jaw was to the floor. Even Maddie was a bit shocked. Angelic gave me a hug and a high five. I took a small water bottle and drank the whole thing. I waited for Abby to say something about my dance. "N-Nia that was... Too good to be true." She stuttered. "Probably better than Maddie's performance!" When I heard that, I instantly looked at Maddie. Her eyes weren't blue anymore. They were a cold grey. They gave me the chills. I thanked Abby. "Your allowed to go into Studio B now. Your solo is perfect, I just need to work with these girls." She added. Went in walked out of the studio I heard Abby correcting Maddie. "Maddie, your feet are horrendous! Straighten those legs! Facials, Maddie, facials!" Now that was a first.

.-.-.

  When I entered Studio B Zane greeted me and asked how practice went. I explained to him what had happened and he congratulated me. "To be honest, the camera dudes kept on staring at me the whole time! It was freaky. Sometimes I wished I wouldn't be recorded 24/7." I told him. "I beg to differ" he teased. I punched him in his shoulder and he poked me in the stomach. I giggled at his attempt to hurt me. I made two fists with both hands and I put them in front of his face. He was smiling for a split second, then it quickly faded.