Chapter 16

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

I hit my phone as hard as I could. Thank the lord for the screen protector.

I sat up, realizing Zane was sleeping next to me. He was sucking his thumb and was sound asleep. "What a baby." I whispered. I lightly kissed him on the cheek. I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

8:23, Sunday June 2nd.

  My eyes popped. Did I really sleep over at Zane's? My mom is going to freak out. My face went white and I started to have a panic attack. I looked around Zane's room for a piece of paper. I found a notepad and a pencil, so I ripped a page. I wrote:

Zane, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow morning at dance. I accidentally slept over at your place, and my mom must be freaking out. I love you.
                                                     -Nia.

  I set the note beside Zane. I took this moment to just stare at him. He's so cute when he's asleep. No, stop. Nia this is creepy.

  I ran outside, rushing to my house.

.-.-.
  I rushed to my front door and took out my keys. I quickly unlocked the front door, and saw my mother crashed on the couch. She had telephone numbers, the house phone, and a notebook beside her. I walked to the couch, and started shaking my mother to get up. She finally woke, and the first thing she did was hug me. "Nia Sioux, what where your thinking?? You just left saying that you were at the park, and never came back. How dare you?!" She shouted. She pulled away from the hug and anger was in her eyes.

  "M-Mom! I was at Zane's!" I shouted back.
  "So you are dating him? That's all I needed to know!! What has gotten into you? You used to obey me and respect my decisions, and now your acting crazy. The old Nia would never do something like this!"
  "Well maybe, I got sick of what you did to me! The new Nia is perfectly fine, you just don't realize it because your stuck in your own little world!!" I yelled, running into my bedroom. Tears streaming down my face as I laid on my bed. I cried myself into a deep sleep.

.-.-.

  "Nia?"
  "Nia?"
  I looked up, and saw my Mother stroking my hair and rubbing my back. "I'm sorry, I was just afraid that you were really gone. How could I live without my beautiful baby girl?" She said, wiping a tear from her eye. I gave her a hug. "It's okay. But I have to thank you, though, because you have shaped and formed me into the girl I am today. A fighter." I whispered. I smiled at my mom. "How about we go on a Mother Daughter Day?" My mom said, turning on the lights. "Sure!" I exclaimed. She nodded and left the room.
  I changed into a white Forever 21 tank top, and added my grey cardigan. I put on my rings and pandora bracelet. I slipped into some light washed jeans and got my grey vans. I remembered to mark off the second day on my calendar.

June 2nd

Eighteen more days! I walked out into the kitchen and served myself some fruit. I ate it all up and we drove off to Starbucks.

.-.-.