Chapter 21

I woke up laying on a hospital bed.

Was that a dream?

And, Jeez. What's up with me blacking out?

I looked to my left and saw a nurse. She had neat, blond hair clipped to the back. She was organizing gloves and needles from the desk. I glanced to my right and saw a doctor. She too had blond hair, but was typing on a computer. I didn't see my mom anywhere. "Mom? Where are you?" I asked. Almost at the same time the doctor and nurse both turned. "Your awake!" The doctor exclaimed. "I-I don't understand..." I said.

"How? She was hurt so bad!" The nurse told the doctor.
"I don't know... Call her mother in here!" The doctor shouted.

.-.-.

"From what Maddie told me, you were helping her look for something and you hit your head on Abby's desk real hard. It caused you to black out. Maddie then called Kendall to help take you to the viewing room. I immediately took you to the hospital, and you were out for roughly 3 hours." My mom told me, holding my hand.

I knew the real story.
I know that Maddie did this purposely.

"Mom! That's a lie! Maddie did that on purpose! Trust me!!" I said.

"Nia, how could she be lying? She was there when it happened." My mom questioned.

"Mom! Kendall and Mackenzie were the ones who knocked me out! I remember that before I got hit I saw the two of them with some metal... thing, in their hands. You've got to believe me!!" I pleaded.

"Honey..-" My mother began.

"I believe you. You've been telling me for so long that Maddie wasn't what she seemed and now I finally believe it. I'm going to talk to Melissa, her girls, and Abby. This is absolutely ridiculous." My mom whispered. She stroked my hair and told me to hush. "Sh..." She said.

"Ms. Nia?" My doctor spoke.
I looked up and saw her hold a clipboard. "Yes?" I replied. "I'm sure your mother here told you everything. You have no brain damage, the only thing is that your head is really swollen in the back. I'm going to give you a cream that will help with that. It should be gone in around 4 to 7 days."

"Thank you so much Mrs. Philips. You've been a great help." My mom said.

.-.-.

The next day, my mom offered for me not to go to dance. I decided I would go, 'cause I didn't want to miss out on the rehearsal. I put my hair in a high pony tail and added a white clip in the center. I wore my black Abby Lee dance wear, and put a pajama shirt over my bra top. Before I left my room, I marked off June 4th from my calendar. I went into my kitchen and ate up my breakfast, and then we drove to dance.

.-.-.

"Nia! I'm so glad you could make it." Abby exclaimed.

"Thanks Abby, I'm happy I'm back too." I said back.

I entered the den and removed my shirt and sneakers. I placed them next to my dance bag. I glanced to my right and saw Maddie, Mackenzie, and Kendall using their phones. Mackenzie's head shot up, and she gave me the death stare.

Does this 5 year old brat thinks she could scare me?

Well, okay, she's not 5. But I could still make her black out the same way I did.

"Yes?" I asked.

"The attitude is real today." Kendall said.

"I thought you would have been dead by now." Maddie claimed.

"Maddie, you need to shut your damn mouth before I shut it for you." I shot back. Before she could say anything, I walked into Studio C. I looked into the viewing room as I was walking and saw my mom, Jill, Melissa, and Abby. I smirked.

The second person in the studio was Zane. His eyes lit up as he came running towards me, giving me the best hug ever. "I missed you so much." He whispered. "I missed you a thousand times more." I told him back. He gave me a small kiss on the cheek. "You know, I actually had a dream about you while I was knocked out." I told him.
"Oh really? Was it a good or bad dream?" He asked. "Well-" I began.

"I have an announcement!!" Abby exclaimed.