Country folk pt2

That's Ori.. You'll meet him soon😜

Most of the people there stare at me like I'm a walker.. I walk over to the table and the first to greet me was a a little girl who looked like she was around Lani's age. "Hello! My names Ally!" She beamed. I bend down to her level. "Hello." I smile.
I grab a plate of food and sit down at the Edge of the table next to Lani and Alex. "Lord we thank you for this food, and letting us survive another day, bless these folks with your grace, and help them live." Jack says. "Amen" people say in unison. I guess I'm the odd one out.

We finish eating and most of the people leave the house. A couple stay behind to help Joanna with the dishes or talk to me. I met a pregnant couple, Jane and Thomas, and a lesbian named Carrie. I see a kid come into the house and start up the stairs before I catch his shoulder. "Hi. I'm Oph-" I start. "I know who you are. Your the greenie." He says. "Ori." He says and then throws me the peace sign and walks off.  Was that a maze runner reference? I find Lani and walk her to her room. "Night duck.. Be good.." I wink at her. She crawls to the top bunk and says goodnight to Ori. I walk to the end of the hall to Alex's. Room to get my knife that I left there. I was about to walk out when he stopped me. "If you want you can sleep in my bed, I'll take the couch." He rubs the back of his neck. "Oh.. Ok." I smile. "Ok then.. Well goodnight Ophelia.. Sleep well." He winks.  As he's walking out I grab his arm and he turns around. "Thanks you." I smile more.  "No problem.." He says and walks out, jamming his hands in his pocket. I close the door a little and then take off my walker blood covered shirt, and my boots.My  jeans are fairly clean so I keep them on. I crawl under the soft bedspread and think how lucky I am to find this kid, before I fall asleep.