Supply runs and a new old friend

-/one week time skip\-

Don never messes with me anymore. In fact, he never messes with anyone anymore. After the slapping incident, jack and Joanna decided he'd be better camping out away from people. He's on the edge of the property, but we occasionally see him, like in meetings or at breakfast.

"Hey Ophelia? Ya wanna go on a run with me this morning?" Alex asks me from his place on their couch. "Yeah sure!" I say wanting to get off the property. "Ok how bout ya go get your gun and stuff and I'll go tell the group." He says and walks off. I run upstairs and get my pistol, silencer, and knife.  "Lani??" I say as I open the door to the kids room.  She looks up from her and Ori playing a board game. "I'm gonna go on a supply run with Alex James. You guys need anything?" I ask. "I'll be right back Ori!" Lani says and takes my hand and runs out the door. "Can you get me a couple comics?" It's his birthday coming up and I want to give some to him!" She whispers excitedly. "Sure duck." I kiss her head and head downstairs. I meet Alex at the door. "So what do we need?" I ask he hands me a list.
Medication
Seeds
Extra clothes
Water
Cans
Anything that looks good

"Wow super great list..." I snort. I hop into his truck and we speed off down the road.
We park in the road across from a convenient store. "I'll get started on the medication, you get some water bottles and cans." I say before we hear a scream. I spin around to see a girl cornered by two walkers. We sprint over and I get out my knife.

"HEY BITCHES OVER HERE!" I scream waving my hands. One walker spins around and limps towards me. I stab it in the head, getting blood all over my white blouse. Alex goes for the other right before it bites the girl.  "Are you ok? Did you get bitten?" I ask before I recognize her. "No- Ophelia?" She adjusts her glasses. "Abby!!" I yell and hug her.  "Oh my god I've missed you so much!" We say to each other. Alex just looks at me confused. "Abby this is Alex my friend. Alex this is Abby! I've known her since I was 10. She's 2 years younger than me, and I used to go over to her house all the time when my dad was really abusive." I smile. "Nice to meet you. You have a group?" He says with his southern drawl. "Nope I'm on my own." She says her voice quivering. "How bout you help us get some supplies and you can come back with us?" She ponders for a minute, "I think that's a fair deal.."

Thanks Abby for letting me use you in the story!! abs41623 your the best internet friend ever🤓