Slapped

"You ready to go back now?" I whine. "Fine.." He rolls his eyes. We stand up and he puts his shoes back on. He helps me back on the horse, getting behind me this time.  "Slap the reigns to make her go faster.." He says, I do as he says and then he slips his hands around my waist to steady himself.  When we get closer he shouts "Pull on the reigns to slow her down!"  I do as I'm said and in the process almost fall off.  He gets off and leads the horse into the stable. As I get off I accidentally slip, falling on Alex. "Haha good job Ophelia!" He snorts.  I laugh and get off of him and help him up. "Sorry!" I plea. "It's fine." He told me. After putting the horse up we lean up against the side and talk about our past lives. "So what did you do before this all went down?" He asks. "I went to college in Florida. I was studying medicine." I reply. "Then how'd you end up here in Galveston?" He smirks. "I'm from here! My parents lived here before they divorced, then my dad moved to Houston." I smile. "Oh. Well I-" he gets out before a walker attack him from behind. I scream and reach for my gun in my back pocket. I aim at the head and shoot without thinking. The walker falls off of Alex and the gun falls out of the hand. I drop to the ground crying. Almost like mom.. I think to myself. He runs over to me and bends down. "It's ok I'm ok... You saved me Ophelia." He coaxed. He helps me stand up. Part of the group runs up, following Don. "Why'd you shoot?! Your gonna get us all killed! Every walker from ATLEAST 2 miles would have heard you!" He screams at me. I feel more tears run down my face. "What would you want me to do?! Alex James was about to get his neck torn open by a walker and I don't have my knife with me!" I yell obviously pissed. Then he slaps me so hard I fall to the ground.