Part 12

Elijah and Bailey had slept together that night. It was 9am when there was a soft knock on the door. Connor slipped his head into the crack in the door and spoke quietly "Bailey?" he spoke into the dark. Bailey shot up and stared at Connor with an annoyed look "What?" she asked. The shock of being woken up by a voice was enough to agitate her.

"We're going to have a welcoming ceremony this afternoon, just so the pack knows your my daughter and all." He smiled. Bailey knew from Elijah that Connor had been obsessed with keeping his pack safe ever since he lost Bailey. Not one pup had died or been taken since Bailey. "alright I'll get dressed in a bit" she replied. Connor gave a silent nod and shut the door gently.

Bailey turned back over and rested on Elijahs chest. She heard him sigh and kiss his head.
"Was that your dad?" he asked. His voice was raspy and comforting in the dark room.
"Yeah he wants to have a welcoming ceremony, I think that's what it was called."

The day passed quite quickly. Bailey had breakfast and then curled her hair and put it into a high pony tail. She did some light make-up and then got dressed. Connor had brought Bailey a dress earlier that day. It had been her mother's he had said, and she had worn it when Connor announced that she was his mate almost 30 years ago. The dress was a soft pink colour, it had a cinched waste and was short. The back was only a few strings and Bailey had added a white flowery belt to accessorise.

There was another knock on the door. "You ready to-" Elijah walked into the room and shut down. "What are you doing to me!" he shouted and ran and Bailey, he threw her on the bed and kissed her kneck.
"Stop it you'll mess up my hair!" she giggled. He kissed her again and got up bowing sarcastically.
"M'lady" he bowed out stretching his arm for Bailey.

She laughed and linked onto him. They headed off to the ceremony hand in hand.