Part 16

The wolf stepped forward
"I accept your challenge"

They stood back from each other each in wolf form. The 2 bowed heads and turned backs taking 3 steps and then launching. Bailey got the first hit, ripping at the fur from the other wolfs scruff. Before she could react he had flipped her over and grabbed her leg. He sunk his canines into the muscle and Bailey felt it bleed. She growled and rammed him with all her strength. The wolf flew to the other side of the field, but quickly jumped up, now limping. He didn't stay up for long because Bailey had ran over and bitten his neck, slowly suffocating her father's murderer and not letting go until she was sure he had died.

She shivered. That was the first time Bailey had killed. It didn't feel good or satisfying, now Bailey felt empty. This was mourning, this was a sadness that she had never felt. She shifted and Elijah ran over to her engulfing Bailey in a bear hug. She collapsed crying into his chest. She cried like she had never cried before. Weeped would be a more appropriate word but nothing could explain the sadness she felt. Elijah shed a tear too. Everyone cried that day, for they had not only lost friends.

They had lost they're leader.. And there was a cold, cold chill in the air.