Part 18

When Bailey woke up she decided to try and forget about the funeral which had been playing on her mind since it happened. She was about to get out of bed but there was an arm around her waist holding her down. She rolled over to see Elijah holding her tightly and smiled knowing that whatever happened she would be safe in her mates arms. Bailey kissed Elijah lightly and smiled when his eyes opened to meet hers. "morning gorgeous" he whispered before pulling her tighter to him.
"It's cold today" Elijah whispered into her ear "you know what that means?" he sighed and kissed her neck before getting up and opening the curtains.

The trees around the pack house were covered in snow, Bailey could hear pups laughing and playing in the snow. Today was the first day of the Polar and it just felt like a chilly winter day. Elijah walked into the bathroom and Bailey quickly heard the shower running. "Feel free to join?" Elijah smiled teasingly, and so she did stripping down and joining him in the steamy shower. Steamy being the perfect word to describe it.

Once the pair had dried off they decided to go on a run. As cold as it was their wolves were desperate to stretch their legs on the frosty morning.

Sabre and Aurora were just as if not closer than Bailey and Elijah being mates meant that when their wolves were in control the bond would always be stronger. They ran through the forest quietly, occasionally yipping or barking to each other. By the time they had reached the end of the territory both were exhausted.

They collapsed and rolled around in the snow. Sabres scratchy voice echoed through Bailey and Auroras head.

This js the last chance we'll have to enjoy ourselves for the next 2 and a half months.

The pair whined at the thought knowing that Sabre was right. Polars lasted 4 whole months and they had only just started theirs.

Come on, let's get back

Bailey had ordered spare wood and extra food and hunt for the next few months. It would be kept in the basement and evenly distributed between the pack.

Over the next few weeks the pack started to move into the pack house. Young and old, women and men. If they had any chance of surviving it would be together, however Bailey had been getting sick. Throwing up a lot after meals and when she woke up, little did they know things were going to get a little more crazy.