Part 22

The weeks had dragged on and things had only gotten colder. Many of the wolves had started gathering in meeting rooms and sleeping piled on one another with they're blankets for extra warmth. Others had flocked to the basement and created small forts where 6 or 7 would sleep.

Bailey hadn't been able to stop thinking about the baby. It was due in a week at the earliest and she was worried about keeping him or her alive in the sub zero temperatures as well as coming up with names and finding spare baby stuff.

"What about Kobi for a boy and Eleana for a girl?" Bailey asked. The pack had just eaten and they were sitting happily in the living room enjoy the warmth from the many fires. "Eleana is cute but not Kobi, what about Asher?" Elijah asked. Bailey had thought with his posher name he would prefer more unusual names. The debate flew back and forth until they settled on Eleana or Indi for a girl and Alric or Seth for a boy. Bailey already felt protective over her baby and it hadn't been born.

Elijah had agreed to take care of pack duties for awhile after the baby was born so Bailey could focus on keeping the baby healthy. It was going to be hard work but they were determined to keep the baby alive.

Just a week after their name conversation Bailey went into labour. 5 hours, which could have been worse. The pack doctor delivered the baby, a healthy little girl. Indi.

Bailey had cried and cried. She held her baby close to her chest and swore to never let her get hurt.