Part 28

Baileys eyes fluttered open, she was sprawled out in the long grass with her head on Elijah's lap, he was leaning against a rock, eyes glowing a bright amber, signifying his wolf was scouring the surrounding environment. Elijah and the other wolves had come to join Bailey last night but nothing had happened. They stayed up most of the night, the last thing she remembered before dozing off was Diego and the new scout Ben switching places.

"morning babe"

Elijah smiled down at his mate lovingly, snapping Bailey out of her thoughts, she sat up.
"Nothing from the rouges?" she asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes
"no, no sign of anything out of the ordinary" he tucked Baileys hair behind her ear and pecked her on the lips.
"c'mon let's get you home. I bet Indi is missing her mom" Elijah swooped Bailey up in his strong arms and she wrapped her arms around his neck without any retaliation, she heard Elijah give some orders but didn't really listen, she was so tired and dozed back off.

Bailey woke up to the steady rhythm of Elijah's steps. She groaned
"I need to be out there, I'm their Luna" she moaned at her mate, he chuckled quietly before kissing her on the head.
"Don't worry my love, you've been through a lot the past few months let me handle things for a while"
As much as she wanted to object there was something stirring in her which didn't feel right. A hot, burning feeling rising up through her chest.

-Elijahs pov-
When they got home Elijah placed his mate on their bed and started to tuck her in. He loved her more than words could describe. As he turned around to leave the room his precious mate began to shake and whimper. He span around and ran over to her shaking her awake.
"What's wrong... BAILEY?"
she stirred but didn't fully wake up, Elijah ran to his mother's room as quickly as possible, skidding along the corridors and running into different wolves along the halls. His mother hurried to their room without hesitation.

When Anna got there it was very clear what was going on.
"darling your mate is in heat"
She said was a sincere smile on her face.
"She can't be in heat, we've had a cub, we've been together for over a year it would've happened already" Elijah scanned his mate frantically she still wasn't awake and her cheeks were flushed.
"I'm guessing the stress of losing her father and quickly becoming pack leader meant she missed last year's heat"
Elijah sighed and hugged his mother. She nodded and left the room giggling at her son. "Heat". Elijah sighed to himself, why do things always have to be so complicated.

-Baileys pov-
Bailey woke up boiling. Her whole body felt like it was on fire, she cried out only to feel a cold object pressed against her back, it was Elijah who was holding her closely. Part of Bailey wanted to push him off and get away any source of heat but the other half wanted to jump on him. Elijah had felt her wriggle beneath him and squeezed Bailey tightly.
"good morning my love. I need you to listen carefully to me, your in heat, that's why your so warm, I'm not sure if you know what it is but your going to be very hot and uncomfortable for the next 3 days unless we're, you know, together. The only way to end it is if I mark you, but I was waiting for out wedding night to do that, so I hope you can ride this out. Don't worry about pack business, Tom is taking care of it." he kissed her neck softly and it sent sparks up Baileys neck.