Part 17

It had been 2 weeks. The pack had, had Connor funeral safe to say it was worse than worse.

Bailey and Elijah were going to have to become Alpha and Luna that day. They dressed smart but not fancy. The pack had felt cold since the death of Connor and they all knew why.

When an Alpha is killed it causes a Polar, which is like an ice age inside the territory. Some say it is the Moon goddess testing the next Alpha and others say it is the Moon goddess mourning the lost Alpha.

The ceremony was inside the pack house. It was quiet and only the new beta, gamma and Elijahs parents attended the private ceremony. They made their promises quickly and quietly.

"I will"

The words were the loudest Bailey had spoken since before Connors death. She felt a tingling feeling on her back. A Luna eclipse tattoo fazed over her back and she smiled as Elijah showed her his crossed fingers tattoo imprinted on his ankle. These were marks given by the Moon goddess to identify Alphas and Lunas.

They walked outside together hand in hand to meet they're new pack. The crowd cheered for the pair and whistled and shouted. It was a happy moment in a miserable time. Both Bailey and Elijah knew what was coming would be a very difficult challenge.