Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Diego POV

Sitting inside the sub, we all sat in silence, lost in our own thoughts. But all eyes were trained on one thing. The picture of the girl sat inside the open manila folder, which in turn lay in the middle of our small huddle. We all stared at the folder and picture like it was suddenly going to vanish into thin air.

Santiago broke the silence, "So, let me get this straight. THAT girl is locked up inside the prison we escaped from two years ago?"

I didn't remove my eyes from the photo as I replied, "Yep."

"And you wants us, to break BACK into the prison we barely escaped from?" He started to grow more and more incredulous by the second.

"Pretty much." I spoke.

He flung his hands to the side, "Well don't overload me all at once on the details man!"

I massaged my temples, "I see your sarcasm is still in tact." I graced him with a look, piercing him with my ice cold glare.

One of the triplets decided to finally place in their in put. "So how are we going to rescue this damsel without us getting into even bigger trouble?" Stitch nervously wrung his hands together as he spoke.

Big Dominic boomed, "I don't want to go back to jail."

Looking each of them in the eye, I said, "Look, I promised my father I would complete this case for his mate. I never break a promise. But here's the thing, you guys didn't promise. So I understand if you guys want to back out of doing this case." I took another glance at the girl's picture, "This is no way going to be easy, and I don't blame you guys. I can do this one on my own."

I watched as apprehension and gratefulness swam around behind their eyes.  I really don't blame the guys for wanting to back out. Crentshaw was hell for all of us. There are two sides to the compound. The men's and the woman's. The genders are completely separated. So yea.... I haven't even met the girl and she's already a pain in the ass, and this case appears to already be a lost cause, simply because she's female.

But then again..... I happen to be an expert with the doing the impossible.

Glitch slapped his brothers upside the head, "Are you loco?! We love that this is a challenge!" He turned on the other two, "Wouldn't you love to repeat doing the impossible! Our names would be forever remembered! We will become legends. Breaking out of the same prison twice? I don't know about you guys but that sounds pretty darn impossible to me. And it just so happens we have an expert in that department."

All the attention was then aimed at me. The guys all looked affected by Glitch's speech and now held a determined glint in their eyes. Dominic bared his teeth and grinned, "So what's the plan?"

There was a heavy pause. The heroic tension that had been gradually built up, during Glitch's inspiring speech, came crashing down as I said, "I have no idea."

Their shoulders sagged. Twitch slapped his brother upside the head, "I thought you said he was the expert?!" I growled and cracked my knuckles. Twitch shot a nervous smile in my direction. "Ugh.. sorry Diego."

I waved a hand, showing him that it was already forgotten. Santiago sighed, "I can't believe we're going back after two years, just as our arrest warrants are basically being given up on by the police."

A slow smirk started to curve the line of my mouth, as an idea formed inside my head. "I think I've got an idea."

Stitch's eyes became wide, giving off a deer in headlights look. "Oh no. That's his creepy genius face." Dominic mirrored my expression and turned to the others and let out a loud whoop, "The expert has got a plan!"