Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Kat's POV

The boat swayed gently from side to side as we bounced over the oncoming waves. It has been approximately 10 minutes since we left the docking bay at Crentshaw prison. Tapping my fingers against the sides of my thighs, I studied the man in front of me.

Irritatingly, he was extremely good looking, appearing to be about only two years older than myself. Molten tan skin from years of being in the sun, sharply highlighted the thick muscles that lined all the way up his arms, and no doubt has an impressive set of packs hiding beneath that stolen police uniform. Besides his startling ice blue eyes, a long scar decorated the left-hand side of his face, starting from his temple then moving downwards towards the edge of his strong jawline.

The scar didn't make him look hideous, but instead giving him a more rugged appeal. However, I could imagine that some girls, you know the ones I'm talking about, the ones that know their Gucci from their Prada, and only wear pink on Wednesdays and would never be caught dead wearing tracksuit pants..... Yes THOSE one's, those girls I could imagine might cower in fear.

I am not one of those girls.

He had long ago, taken off the navy blue cap, as I watched him now, I resisted the urge to lean across and remove the inky black strands that the gel didn't quite hold up with the rest of his spike styled hair, and slowly dangled to cover his right eye. Inwardly smacking myself, I removed that thought.

What was I thinking? Removing strands of hair from his eyes, pfft! No thank you, I do not find this guy attractive what so ever! No siree!

"What are you thinking so hard about?" The sound of Diego's voice snapped me out of my inner babbling. I smirked, "Oh you know.... Just the millions of different ways I could kill you right now."

He raised an eyebrow, "Is that so?"

Bubbles of anger began to form inside my stomach at his act of being 'superior.' Like he knows I won't try anything..... Or that he knows I can't.

Well this guy was going to receive a rude awakening when he finds out I'm not like the usual damsel. This girls got claws.....and a set of lock picks.

Tucking the long sleeves of my orange jumpsuit beneath the cold bite of the silver cuffs, I gently began to tear at the lining. I paused at the sound of loud thumps heading our way. The massive walking, talking wall came to sit down beside me. I could practically feel the boat bowing under the great weight of this behemoth.

"No alarms have been raised. We are now sailing un-detected." His voice boomed making my ears slightly begin to ring.

"Nice work Dominic." Diego gave a slight head nod of approval. So that was this mountains name.... Dominic.

I flicked my gaze in his direction and did a double take to find him already looking at me, dopey grin in place. Coughing uncomfortably, I tried to slide further away from him.

"So!" His large arm snaked its way around me, smashing me against his side, while at the same time neatly tucking me safely underneath his armpit. It was at this moment we're I had the strange feeling of being a bear cub with Dominic being big momma bear. "How does it feel to be free?"

Eyes wide I didn't reply in fear of being swallowed whole by this giant. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the amused glance that covered Diego's face, as he said, "Careful Dominic, this little princess has a million ways to kill ya in mind."

I sent a scathing glare his way, only making him chuckle. Dominic's laughter boomed, squeezing me closer, his vice like grip causing me to wheeze. "This little princess is harmless! But seriously," he looked down at me. "How does it feel to be free from that hell hole?"