Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Kat POV

Back and forth, I furiously brushed my teeth while glaring into the bathroom mirror. Clothed in only a towel, goose-bumps began to lightly line my arms and legs, the warm shower fog starting to dissipate. Rinsing and spitting into the sink, I washed my face before taking a glance into the mirror.

Wiping the steamed glass, I was pleasantly surprised to take note of the extra two inches that my hair had grown. The dark strands now brushing the tops of my shoulders, un-like how they used to curl behind my ears. Combing my fingers through the small waves, I smiled. Things were starting to look up.

I could allow for my hair to grow longer as there was no longer the risk of a prison bitch tearing it, and the scars painting my skin were starting to fade in colour, as my skin held more of a glow from actually being able to see the sun. I mean, they were always still going to be there, but with time, just like their dark colour, the pain and memories accompanying them could fade.

It would just take time.

Life was good, I was okay, my family was okay, and we now know who the stalker is, and we would soon catch him.

Giving myself a small smile in the reflection, I was just about to drop my towel when the door banged open.

"Whoa!" With wide eyes I watched as Reef mirrored my expression. His gaze slowly began to trail my small, towel covered figure.  He smirked, "Why is it that I always seem to find you in this state of undress?"

I take back what I said..... Life is horrible.

I growled, "I don't know! I swear its like you wait for me or something to get out of the shower before coming barging into my life!"

He clicked his fingers, "I think you like me."

I huffed out a reply, "Excuse me!"

Taking full advantage of this predicament, he leaned comfortably against the door jam. "Yes Kitty Kat?"

I smirked. "Your flys' down."

"Huh?" Looking down at his pants, he cursed. Turning away from me, he zipped up his jeans and turned back to face me, but I had already slipped past him and out into the corridor. Walking backwards I smirked, "Too slow for me Reefy boy! Ah-!"

I hadn't been watching where I was going.

Just as I turned around, I slammed into a solid chest. The world then continued to tilt onto its side, as the chest fell backwards down the staircase, with me riding it like boogie board. strong arms encaged  me, keeping me safe during our rollercoaster ride down.

The chest and I came to a stop at the bottom of the steps. The sturdy chest and I breathing hard, I was shocked at the sound of Diego's voice, "Why is it.... that whenever I'm around you I always end up in some sought of trouble?"

Snapping my head up, I was mortified to find out that Diego was the warm body I had used to go stairs surfing with. Face burning hot, I jumped up and looked away from him, only to glimpse a more terrifying sight.

Reef standing at the top of the staircase holding my towel in hand.....

"I had tried to stop you," he blushed.

Letting out a shriek, my hands flew to all designated areas while I searched for a good hiding place. "I can't believe this always happens to me! Towels are the worst luck!"

There was no places to hide.

Doomed to face reality, I was about to turn and face the world when a large material slid over me. Pulling it closer around me, I looked up to see a god. Diego stood shirtless, tanned, muscled perfection graced my eyes.