Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Kat's POV

It has been exactly two weeks since my encounter with the six men I had saved from being buried alive. And every day since then, I haven't been able to get his piercing Blue eyes out of my head. Probably because I have been seeing him everywhere since that moment.

Literally.

At least once a day, either him or his band of merry men, have jumped out of nowhere and ambushed me with the exact same question.

"Do you accept?"

Accept what? What do they want me to accept? And why for the love of God do they keep asking me that same question? Seriously? They just come out of nowhere. And ask that goddamn question of, 'do you accept?' In the cafeteria line, my cell, outside in the training yard, they even appeared as I was exiting the shower block.

Do they not understand the concept of privacy and personal space?!

Every time my answer has been no, and no matter how many times they ask me, that answer won't change. As far as I'm concerned, they're just a bunch of oversized, well built, probably thanks to steroids, egotistical, most annoying men I have ever met.

Oh wait.... That's just me describing that blue eyed devil leader of theirs'.

He's like a hawk! Everywhere I go, there he is! Looking at me with those stupid piercing eyes.

I mean, does he even blink?!

And it's not just him, it's all of them. One of them is the size of a mammoth! I don't know what his parents had been feeding him while he was growing up, but it sure as hell wasn't broccoli.

Then there's the sidekick. Blue eyes right-hand man. Like his leader, he had a pair of stunning eyes as well, although granted, they didn't quite match up to his icy blue depths. Instead they were dark, with olive glistening through.

He didn't seem to like me very much. In fact, it appeared he had some hidden hatred for me, lingering beneath the surface, just waiting to be unleashed. If his friends keep prodding at me, his hatred might turn out to be useful in the future.

I might just find out why guys find cat fights so enchanting, except this time it will be the dogs who will be fighting.

And then last but not least, the three amigos. It's not hard to come to the conclusion that the three are brothers, triplets to be exact. With their dark hair, and chocolate kissed eyes, they're completely identical. I couldn't help but feel a little homesick every time I glanced at them. In a heart wrenching way, they remind me of my own brothers, Joel and Hale.

It feels like forever since I last saw them. Probably because it has, the last time my eyes laid on theirs, was through a glass panel before they disappeared off the grid, no doubt hiding from the cops.

I hope to see them soon, and I will, justice as soon as I get out of this hellhole.

But first things first, I have a spark of curiosity that needs to be settled. Who exactly are these men? And why the hell, do they think I'm some damsel in distress and they my saviours? If anything, I will be the one saving myself and nobody else.

For crying out loud, I'm Minx!

Now this Kat has some fish to fry.

With an air of confidence and a dark smirk across my face, my eyes locked in on their target. Trey of slop in hand, I held back laughter as heads turned to watch me.

I wanted info, and who better to give it than the worlds biggest loudmouth.

Prickly Barbwire.

The conversation came to a screeching halt as I came to a stop behind her broad shouldered back. Smiling like I was meeting with a group of longtime friends, I chirped, "Well don't stop talking just because little ol' me has come to join the party!"