Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Reef's POV

The music's thumping beats, pounded inside my chest, it was that loud. Lifting the red cup up to my lips, I slugged down the rest. The strong, familiar, hit of the vodka burned a pathway down my throat. Unlike the light weights, my head didn't get hazy and my eyes didn't instantly glaze over.

Leaning up against the wall, I watched as people I knew, and didn't, danced and grinded to the music. Disinterested in the activity, I ran my eyes over the crowd, looking for two faces in particular. The party atmosphere was boring.

I'd been going to these things for years. Doing the same things.

A pretty blonde caught my eye. She smiled and waved me over as she attempted to seduce me with her dancing.

Doing the same people.

Turning my head away from her, I pretended to not notice the pout on her face. I didn't care. I haven't cared about anything for a whole year. I was causing more trouble than I ever did. Partying harder. Fighting harder.

All thanks to one thief.

One thief that has managed to change my life entirely.

Knowing Kat, has made me realise some things about myself. The mistakes I shall never make again. Kat is a thief and a murderer. The baddest of the bad. More dangerous than some street fighting bad boy.

If she could see me now.

She can't. She's in prison

Boy have things changed. People not just in school but outside now know my name. People are more scared of me than some of the biggest criminals out in the world.

I never told the cops about Kat being Minx. Why? She's already behind bars. She got what she deserved. But no matter how much I told myself that, a nagging feeling at the back of my head told me otherwise.

I wanted revenge.

The need for it has turned me into a blood thirsty monster. Everytime I smashed a guy's face in during a fight, Chris and Kyle would give me concerned looks. I told them how I had felt about Kat. When the news reported that she had been arrested for murder and setting off a bomb. We were shocked.

We were all shocked.

Even I was.

But I guess I should have seen it coming. The girl disappears after she reveals her true identity to me and then winds up being a mass murderer.

I should have seen it coming.

I will never put myself in that kind of position again.

I've made sure of that.

Next time she see's me. She'll be the one afraid. Not me.

Chris moved his way through the crowd towards me, a smirk on his face. I returned the smirk. Leaning on the wall next to me he asked, "Having fun?"

I snorted, "Oh yea. This never get's old. Remind me why we come to these things again?"

"I have no bloody idea, but I'm gonna ditch soon. How bout you?"

My shoulders sagged in relief. "Count me in. Let's grab Kyle and get outta here."

"Where is that idiot anyway?" Chris asked. Annoyance already colouring his tone.

"IIIIII''M GONNA SWWWWIIIIIINNNGGGGG! FROM THE CHANDELIIIIEEERRRR!!!!"

We looked at each other with knowing glances and said, "Found him."