Chapter 34

The rest of our time together the girl was silent she cleaned up the hay that I was supposed to use as a bed and replace it. She gave me a plate of goo which I assumed was meant to be food, I guess I was going to die from starvation before the covenant ever got to me.

"What's that thing around your neck for?"
I ask bluntly not caring if I sounded rude. Turning in my direction she answers my question while still staring at the floor.
"So I can safe passage through the dungeon, and so others know who I belong to."

"And who do you belong to?"
I ask leaning forward to try and capture her attention.

"The lady of the house, madam Cicily Willowspeak."
She says with her eyes still glued to the floor.

"Why won't you look at me?"
I ask as I furrow my brow at her strange behavior.

"Fairies are not worthy enough to gaze upon the beauty of a siren."
She says like she's rehearsed it.

"Wait fairies as in flies around the room throwing gold glitter at everyone?"
I joke trying to ease the tension.

"I believe you have my race mistaken for pixies, fairies are much more educated and sophisticated."
She says seriously.

"And yet you're still treated like an animal."
I say pity and anger lacing my words. This finally gets her to lift her head and as our eyes made contact I could see for a split second that their was definitely resistance in their depth. Maybe there was more to this girl after all I thought as her mask fell over her features as fast as it had fallen. Leaving behind the meek, shy girl that I'd woken up too.

"Excuse me."
She says in a quit voice, turning on her heel she walks through the threshold to my dungeon, right when she passes the red line she dissappear from my sight. I'm highly dissapointed that I couldn't get the answers I wanted, I'm not left long to my own thoughts before another girl comes in. I could tell instantly that she was a water elemental by her blue hair that dissolved into a waterfall while the waterfall faded into mist before it hit the ground. What I at first thought was tattoos covering her ebony body I soon saw were actual waves churning beneath the surface. She carried a white bundle over to me placing it gently onto my lap. As she's placing the material we make eye contact, I see that their completely blue, but for a split second I swear I see a face watching through her eyes. But she stands up breaking our moment and leaving me feeling like I'm loosing my mind a little.
Once she leaves the room I look down at what she gave me. It's a plain white floor length dress. I start to greatfully slip out of the scratchy material when the Udine comes back in with a basin filled with steaming bubbly water.

"Your bath my lady."
She says as she bows to me. Why were they treating me like this? Was I about to be sacrificed at an alter? Am I about to be a teen bride? I fretted over the millions of posibilities running through my mind all of them not good.

"Is the bath not to your satisfaction?"

"Why do I need a bath?"
I ask defensively crossing my arms tightly around my chest.

"Because you reek like human my lady."
She says scrunching up her nose. Opening my mouth in shock I reply.
"I take offense to that."

I'm shocked even further when she drops to her knees at me feet.
"Oh I'm so sorry my lady it was not my intent to upset you!"

"Woah calm down, why are you acting like that? I'm supposed to be the prisoner why arn't you whipping me or something."
I joke, she shakes her head at me like what I said was the most rediculous thing she'd ever heard.

"Oh I would never, now would you please get in the water before it gets cold. We don't want to keep lady Cicily waiting."

"Alright."
I say then I stand there looking at her waiting for her to leave so I could get in my birthday suit. After two minutes tick by and she's still standing there I huff out a breath.
"So are you gonna go or...."

"Oh I cannot leave my lady Twelve and I must prepare you."

"Yeah that's not gonna happen."
I comment there was so way these girls were going to see all of my goodie bits.

"If you will not let us, lady Cicily has ordered the male guards to restrain you while we prepare you. It would be in your best interest to cooperate with us, the guards are not as____ polite as Twelve and I."
the elemental says in a timid voice like she's trying not to startle me. Raking my fingers through my hair I try and compromise.
"Could you guys face the wall or something? Where I come from people bath privately."

Right as I finish my sentence Twelve walks in with some towels and a basket filled with hair products, perfume, makeup, and a bunch other girly stuff that I didn't know the name of. While a few other bottles I wasn't even sure existed in the human world. Placing her load next to the white dress Twelve walks over to me and without a word tries to take off my trash bag/dress.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!"
I snap slapping her hands away from the hem of my dress. And just like the undine, she drops to her knees.
"My deepest apologies my lady."

"It's fine. Just let me at least undress myself."

Turning away from the two I hastily strip down then cannonball into the water before any lurking guards could get a show. From there on I was washed, hair was plucked, perfumes were sprayed, and makeup was applied. After that was all said and done Twelve picks up the white dress and after I've dried my body off throughly Twelve pushes the dress passed my head. It falls settling around my toes. It was completely made of lace and it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen on my skin.

"I'm sorry to rush you, but our Lady Cicily is waiting for us."
The elemental says to me snapping me back to the reality where I've just been kidnapped and I was about to pranced around like a show horse probably for a room filled with corrupt dictators, ambassitored, and who know how many other important people.