Chapter 25

School flew by without me noticing much. I was to focus on the mix marshes arts class mom put me in. Personally I didn't think it would help against the god of the sea but if it made mom feel better I'd do it. I was actually learning quite fast, and I had to be upgraded to a more skillful group by the end of the week. It seems like I'd been learning everything really fast lately.
Along with the physical training I was doing metal training as well. Trying to find my zen and all that jazz. Mom seemed to think it would help me 'connect' with my powers more like we were in a relationship. I didn't really believe it but I was willing to try anything to keep myself and the people I cared about safer.
But when the weekend came around and mom said I could have a break from the constant training I snatched up the opportunity and took Chloe and Alaric to a lake as a last ditch effort to enjoy the nice weather that wad fading fast. What I wasn't expecting was the amount of people already at the lake when we got there.

"Um maybe this was a bad idea, we should go I'm super sore anyway."
I say backing up when I see Adam come through the crowd.

"Oh hell no! Look at all the eye candy, let's go seaweed it was your idea now you better stick with it."
Chloe demands with her hands on her hips.

"She's right, I just drove with you two bickering at who's better superman or batman for forty minutes and I'm ready to have some fun and throw at least one of you in the water."
Alaric comments winking in my direction. Blushing in return I relent to both of them.
"Alright fine but if we can't find a spot at least thirty feet from Adam I'm gonna hide in the porta potty."

It takes us ten minutes to find a spot big enough for all of us to be able to lay down our towels next to each other. I open he cooler Chloe had brought reaching in blindly I feel my fingers close around a cold can. Pulling it out I see it's beer.

"Ew."
I say throwing it back in the cooler. Looking in it I see it's filled with booze and one peanut butter sandwich.

"Don't be a baby their not that bad."
Chloe says flippantly. Glaring at her I say through gritted teeth.
"The last time I drank I almost got raped and ended up killing someone so yes they're that bad."

Lifting her hands in surrender she says.
"I'm sorry I didn't think about it there's a store right down the street I'll go grab some pop or something."

Shaking my head I say.
"It's fine I'm just being a brat."

With that I grab the beer back out, crack the lid, plug my nose and guzzle it. Finishing it I crush the can and let out a massive belch.

"Nice."
Alaric pipes up from his spot on his towel is hand buried in a bag of chips he brought. Laughing at him I stand up pulling off my sun dress that Chloe had bought me after me she found out all of my stuff was 'burnt in house fire' underneath the hot pink slip was a matching bikini she got with it. Which I now regretted wearing because of all the people. I was hoping to make Alaric squirm with the low cut v line and the string ties holding the top and bottom together. It had its intended affect Alaric's eyes bulged out and a deep blush instantly covered his whole face as he quickly looked away bringing the chip bag closer to his face as he stared inside it as if it held all of its life goals. It also brought a lot of attention from the other high school boys starting to crowd around us. Alaric glared down the boys holding them at bay.

"Let's go in the water guys."
I say nervously. Chloe agrees showing off her turquoise onsy that really should be considered a two piece considering how much mocha skin it showed. We take off for the water and once I jump off the dock I instantly feel a sense of relief but it's quickly squashed when I hand comes around my ankle pulling my deeper under the surface. Looking down I can't see anything through the dark water so I kick blindly at my assailant. When I kick air I start to really panic and that's when I feel my power start to bubble to the surface. Knowing my friends are right above me I try and push it back down not wanting to accidentally hurt them but it's no use.
My skin starts to change, scales start sprouting along my legs as gills pop put of my neck giving me the need oxygen and strength to reach down and rip the hand off of me before my finn can fully form. Once I throw the hand away I thrash out managing to kick the stranger in the face as I swim to the top.
Once my head breaks through my gills go back into my skin no longer being needed to breath. Swimming in a fast circle I try and look through the water as I hastily swim towards the dock. Alaric starts to swim closer to me with a look of concern on his face. That is until someone shoots out of the water right in front of him. And it's Adam who shakes his wet hair out of his face. Grabbing his nose he says.
"That's one strong kick beautiful, you should join the soccer team.

"What the hell Adam you scared the living day lights out of me. I thought someone was trying to kill me!"

He gives me a don't be stupid face and says.
"I was under the water too, I would've drowned as well. I was only playing I didn't know you were going to get your panties in a bunch."

Alaric swims around him coming closer to me as he says.
"Don't talk to her like that."

Adam splashes water in his direction in retaliation when he says.
"Or what."

Alaric faces Adam who has his chest puffed out in a 'I'm the bigger alpha male way.' In a deep growl of a voice Alaric warns.
"Leave her alone. I won't say it again."

"Make me!"
Adam yells shoving Alaric. Alaric swings connecting with a loud 'thwack' right when a someone on land yells.

"Cops!"