Chapter 14

I can't tell you how long I stayed in the shower letting the warm water loosen my muscles, washing away the events of the last three days. When the water started to cool I still stayed until my shivering and painful goosebumps chased me out. Looking at myself in the mirror I keep my towel open so I can see the foot sized bruise along my ribs, the scratches along my arms, legs, face, and neck. Taking a closer look at my battered skin I look at my veins I see a golden shimmer below the surface. Quickly covering myself with the fluffy towel I leave the confines of the bathroom down the hall to my room where the door is slightly ajar.

"Do you think Ben_."
Chloe says but is cut off.

"Don't say it Chloe just don't I already feel bad enough for being late and leaving you guys alone with that piece of shit."
I hear Alaric practically growl out.

"I'm being serious what if we need to go get her tested now for STDs! OMG what if that dirtbag gave my best friend herpes! Oh if he wasn't already dead I'd kill him!"
I hear shuffling behind the door I move to go hind back inside the bathroom but Alaric already pushed his way out of my room and slam dab right into me knocking us against the wall. Thankfully with my cat like reflexes I catch my towel before any of my goodie bits could be revealed. Looking up into his beautiful face I see a pained expression marring his features.

"I'm going to get some air I'll be back by the time you get some." (Cue the clearing of throat.) "Clothes on."

And before I can tell him that, that creep didn't even make it past second base he's already out the door and halfway down my driveway. That man can move when he wants to that's for sure. Making my way back to my room I see Chloe holding up The Notebook and the Titanic.

"Those ones make me cry pick a funny one like Friends with Benefits or something."
I say as I pull a pair of pj shorts up from under my towel.

"Because my lovely tulip I was planning of getting sick during the beginning of the movie, I know it's tragic. And having to leave, meaning you'll finally get the alone time with sexy ass."
She says with a little shake of her own. Rolling my eyes I sag against my queen sized bed crawling under the covers with only my head out I watch as Chloe sticks in a movie.

"Please don't leave, what did you put in?"
I ask out of curiosity knowing she'd pick something that would probably set me off.

"50 Shades of Grey."
Chloe says with a cackle of a laugh. Pinching her I ask.
"Change it!"

"Make me!"
She retaliated and as I'm jumping on her Alaric come walking through the threshold holding freshly popped popcorn.

"Chick fight! I'm so glad your mom gave me this."
Alaric calls to our tangled up forms as he shoves a handful of buttery popcorn into his mouth puffing out his cheeks in an adorable way. Getting Chloe face down on the floor I sit on top of her until she calls mercy.

"That's enough lettuce get off!"
Chloe yells breathlessly.

"Are you going to change it?"
I ask while giving her butt a smack for emphasis.

"Yes! Now get your curvy ass off of me I feel like I'm gonna suffocate!"

Rolling off of her I jump back onto the bed and wait to see what she picks. Placing Knocked Up in my DVD player Chloe turns off the lights does a flying leap for my bed with Alaric sprawled at the bottom of it. Not even thirty seconds after pressing play Chloe starts fake coughing and wiping imaginary sweat from her brow.

"I'm not feeling well guys I should go home."
Chloe suddenly calls into the darkness as the movie switched scenes.

"Just go take some Peptobizmal that'll open you right up."
I counter. Narrowing her eyes at me Chloe replies.
"That pink bottle next to your itching cream?"

I glare at her my mouth gaping open, I hear Alaric start laughing and I start to get embarrassed until I see he's still focused on the movie. So while he's distracted I turn towards Chloe and mouth to her.
'Don't leave me!'

She makes a nasty senario with her hands then points to Alaric and I then she points to herself making a walking motion with her other hand then pointing at the door. Shaking my head I point to her then I point down towards the floor indicating I want her to stay. She scoffs at me crossing her arms then faces towards the TV, conversation over. Smiling I turn towards the TV myself right when Seth Rogan and the blonde chick start doing the dirty.
After three failed attempts at leaving and a ton of dirty gestures from Chloe the movie is finally over. Switching on the lights I say.
"That was fun but I'm super tired guys I wanna get some sleep before mom makes me go school shopping tomorrow."

"Okay dokay." Chloe say heading towards the door, I count to five waiting for my words to sink in. Whipping her body around Chloe yells.
"Wait your mom got you enrolled!?"

"Yep."
I say with a nod.

"Hell yeah!"
Chloe shouts doing a little spin with a kick to the air at the end. Running up to me she tightly raps me up in a hug squeezing my battered body until I wince.

"Sorry I forgot."
Chloe pulls back with a look of simpathy her brown eyes.

"Please don't start treating me like porcelain now I'm not gonna break."
I chastened her. With a nod she heads out my door I hear her skip down the hall calling goodbye before closing the front door behind her. Leaving me alone with Alaric, turning around I see that he's still laying on my bed shoveling popcorn and twizzlers down his mouth. How he keeps such a nice body I have no idea. Inhaling I smell lasagna cooking in the kitchen so like any hospitable host I ask.
"Would you like to stay for dinner?"