One

D A I S Y

"Daisy, wake up honey!" Mrs. Wilson shook me awake. I turned over to my side to come face to face with my alarm clock. It read 6:15am. Mrs. Wilson continuously shook me until I was now wide awake. "Today's a big day for you!" She exclaimed, scurrying out of the bedroom in which I was forced to share with another girl.

I stretched, then jumped out of my bed, feeling the soft rug come in contact with my toes. I was really gonna miss that feeling. I walked over to the dresser and picked out my outfit for today: a pair of black skinny jeans with large rips at the knee, an over-sized army green hoodie which made my hazel eyes stand out even more and some white high-top converse. I carelessly brushed through my caramel colored hair, then walked out my bedroom door and into the kitchen where Mrs. Wilson was serving all us girls breakfast.

"As you all may know..." Mrs. Wilson started, clearing her croaky throat. "We are loosing a member of our family today."

Oh Shit

"Daisy," Mrs. Wilson smiled at me. All the attention was on me now, making my severe anxiety kick in. Half of the girls gave me a painful glare, whereas the other half showed me fake smiles. Out of all the 12 girls in this Foster Home, I made friends with none of them. It wasn't my fault that i couldn't keep conversation flowing smoothly or that i dressed the way I did, that was just me, and if the snobby girls didn't like who I was then so be it.

I ate half of my breakfast as usual then rushed back upstairs to my room and finished packing my suitcase. I chucked a few important things in there but was interrupted by a knock at the door. I quickly chucked clothes over the stuff i just put in my suitcase so nobody saw what it was.

"Come in," i softly said. That was the first time I had spoken in ages. Mrs. Wilson walked in with a sympathetic look on her face. "I'm sorry, Daisy," she hugged me tightly as we slowly rocked back and forth. I just nodded my head and continued to awkwardly stand there while her large body was slumped over me. "Here, I'll help you pack the rest of your stuff and then your new family should be here." She bent over, picking up some of my clothes that were scattered across the floor, and gently placing them in my suitcase.

About ten minutes later a black car rolled into the driveway. "I'm guessing that's them," Mrs. Wilson hugged me again, before walking down the stairs to greet my new family. I followed closely behind her but got stuck in the middle of the staircase as the suitcase was extremely hard to roll down it. I watched closely from my place on the stairs as two tall guys walked in through the doors, one with red hair and the other with short brown hair.

I walked down the rest of the stairs, planting a fake smile on my face as i greeted my new parents. Great. I bet these guys are going to be just like everyone else. Going through all the trouble of filling out the endless paperwork just to realize i'm a stupid freak that nobody likes. I know they're just gonna return me again after a few days just like all my other 'parents' did.

I stood there awkwardly while Mrs. Wilson chatted with the boys, telling them everything they should know about me, before they introduced themselves.

"Josh," the one with red hair stuck his hand out for me to shake. I placed my shaky hand in his slightly sweaty one as we shook hands for a few seconds.

"I'm - I'm Tyler," he looked up from the ground and smiled. I fake-smiled back at him and we slowly made our way out of the building. I took one last glance through the doors of the Foster Home before the doors shut. I was sad to be leaving. Josh shook me out of my thoughts as he took my suitcase from me and placed it in the boot of the car. I jumped into the back seat of the car with Tyler and Josh jumped in the passenger seat next to a random man. The drive back to their home was silent except for the soft sound of an unfamiliar band on the radio. I quite enjoyed them.

"Umm.. Sorry to bother you guys... B - But do you know who that song was by?' I stuttered. For some odd reason I was so nervous to talk.

"oh, yeah," Josh quietly chuckled. "They're a band called Twenty One Pilots. They're pretty good, you should check them out."

"Ok,' i quietly replied as we pulled into a long gravel driveway. I stared out my window seeing lots of trees and flowers. The driver pulled up beside a house. It was an awesome house. It wasn't big, but it wasn't tiny. It was literally the perfect size. We all jumped out of the car and I followed them inside. As soon as we made it inside, Tyler quickly walked up the stairs and into what I'm assuming was his bedroom.

"Is he Ok?' I asked Josh, staying right by his side as he gave me a quick tour of the downstairs part of their house.

"Yeah. He - He's just having one of his off days."

"is it because of me?' A concerned look come across my face.

"Definitely not, Daisy. Don't worry," he smiled, then led me upstairs. He pointed to a brown wooden door. "That's Tyler's room. The door next to his is mine," he pointed. "That's the bathroom, and this - " He paused, grinning at me as he turned the handle of the door. "This would be your room." Behind the door was a normal sized room. It had a double bed and some nice furniture. The walls were painted a light shade of grey.

"I love it," I smiled, hugging Josh. He hugged me back and then started walking away into Tyler's room. "If you need anything just call out to us, Ok," he walked through Tyler's door, waving goodbye to me.

I placed my suitcase on the floor as i unzipped it and started taking out my clothes and placing them in the dresser. I reached the middle of my suitcase where i found the special stuff that i had hidden. I pulled out the picture of my Mom and Dad and stared at it for a while before a few salty tears fell down my face. I remember the night so clearly but i really don't want to, it sickens me to think about it. I threw the picture behind the dresser, telling myself that I shouldn't care about the people that didn't care for me.

*TRIGGER WARNING*

*TRIGGER WARNING*

I unpacked the rest of my clothes, leaving only one more item at the bottom of my suitcase. My blade, My best friend. I carelessly grabbed the blade, not caring if i cut my fingers on it as that was the whole point. I crept out of my bedroom and into the bathroom, not wanting the boys to hear or see me. I sat on the toilet seat for a while, the thoughts in my head buzzing. Without thinking, I sliced the blade across my wrist, smiling when seeing the crimson blood ooze out of the cut. I enjoyed the feeling so i cut even more, up my whole arm. There was no more room on my left arm so i switched to my right, sliding the blood stained blade through my scarred skin. When i was done, i wiped up the floor and my wrists with toilet paper and slid down my jumper sleeves. I walked downstairs and into the lounge and turned on the t.v. There was absolutely nothing good to watch, so i switched to some stupid kids cartoons.

This was going to be a long day...

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

Vote

Comment

Follow Me plz i need frens

Enjoy :)