Chapter 7

Charlie's POV

I left Jenna like a 1000 voicemails and she refused to pick up which is just awesome. It was 10am on Saturday when I decided I better get ready for training. I left the party just after Jen last night, I was hoping to speak to her but she'd already disappeared by the time I got to the street and here I was now lying star-fished on my back on my bed with a throbbing headache. I think I probably had too much to drink last night, but somehow I think all the crying I did into my pillow has also had a significant impact as well. I know it sounds stupid but I'm completely crushed at the idea that Lauren likes Jason. I kept replaying the image of her sat on his lap kissing him and no matter how hard I tried to get it out of my head I just couldn't. Ahh first world female problems. 

I got up, showered and changed into my black Nike sports leggings, bright orange and white sneakers and a black and orange sports bra. I grabbed my hoodie and headed downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Hey, how was your party?" Hallie greeted me with a mouthful of cereal. 

"Meh," was my reply.

"That good huh?" She raised an eyebrow and beckoned me to join her.

I sighed deeply and shuffled over to sit opposite her and next to Taylor. 

"Can you pass the Nutella?" I asked Tay who slid it along the table without looking up from her phone.

"What happened then?" Hal asked again, leaning forward with her elbows on the table and her chin in her hands.

"Ugh, I don't want to talk about it," I frowned and snapped back at her. Taylor suddenly lost interest in her phone and looked up at us.

"Woah, you clearly got out of the wrong side of bed this morning," she smirked.

"Shut it," I growled and glared at her.

"Charlie," Hallie said softly, "please tell us what happened."

I exhaled and felt the tears coming back, "I walked in on the person I like making out with somebody else," I admitted looking down at my hands.

Taylor groaned and leaned her head on my shoulder. "That's shit, I'm sorry," Hal replied quietly, "I know it's horrible when someone doesn't feel the same way as you. She put her hand on top of mine. 

I wiped my tears away and just nodded. "Who's the dick head?" Taylor asked.

"Language Taylor," Hallie scolded and Tay just rolled her eyes. "But yeah, who is the dick head? Because he's an idiot if he thinks some other girl is anywhere near as amazing as you are," she smiled.

I felt chest tighten, "it's not a he," I whispered barely audibly. Taylor sat back up straight and looked at me in surprise. Hallie's eyes widened briefly but she obviously didn't want me to see how shocked she was and just smiled gently. 

"Wait what? You're gay?" Taylor said loudly. I flinched at her words. Gay. Me. Was I though? I mean, I only liked Lauren, I didn't feel any attraction for any other girls.

I just shrugged, "no, at least I don't think I am. I only like her. I'm so confused, I've never liked any girls ever before her, and I'm struggling to deal with this," my words came out quickly and I took a deep breath once I'd got it all out. 

"Look Charlie, we fully support you okay. I am so proud of you for telling us, you're so so brave little sis," Hallie said as she got up and hugged me tightly, I could hear her sniffle. 

"Yeah, Char, I'm proud of you too and if she can't see how great you are then she can't be that great, she's probably some ugly rat," Taylor laughed as she took a bite of her toast. Hal glared at her.