Chapter 3

Charlie's POV

Why the heck can I not stop staring at this girl? I am literally about to burn a hole in the back of her head... what is going on? I don't get it, Charlie, all she did was ask to borrow a damn pencil! Okay breathe in... breathe out... breathe in... breathe out... better? Yeah kinda, whatever. I really need to focus on this test!

I forced myself to look away from the beautiful long brown hair in front of me and managed to finish the test a minute before the bell rang. She turned around and handed me back my pencil, "thanks," she smiled. As I reached for it my hand was shaking (WHAT) and our skin barely grazed but I felt shivers go down my spine and could feel my cheeks heating up so I quickly looked down at my bag to put my books away. When I looked up again she was gone so I got up and walked to my history class. 

I have no idea who this girl is but she is basically the reason I couldn't concentrate the whole way through history. "Charlie," I vaguely heard someone say my name in the background of my thoughts. "Charlie, what did I just say?" I snapped back to reality and looked around the room, everyone was staring at me and the teacher looked at me expectantly. "Uh, something about George Washington?" I asked with zero confidence. A few people laughed, she sighed, "no, I said you all have a presentation to do for next Friday, now please pay attention," she lectured. Oops, I'm glad it was Miss Jones though, she likes me and I know I can always go to her if I ever have a problem. We have a close student-teacher relationship since she's good friends with my mom. 

When the bell rang at 10:30 for break I headed to my locker to meet Jenna, and find my other friends. My head hurt a big from all this thinking. Overthinking is never a good thing, don't do it. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around, "hey," Jenna said as she leaned against the lockers with an apple in her hand. "How's your morning been?"

"Yeah okay thanks, the usual," I replied, I was not going to tell her about that girl in calculus, no way. 

"Okay so I got chatting with Stacey Regatta, you know that tall, blonde girl on cheer?" I nodded, "so basically she's having a party this Friday night and she wants us to go so I already accepted on your behalf."

I rolled my eyes, "you know I train on Friday nights."

"Ya but c'mon Char, it's the first week back and you've just won a big race so can't you just... like... not?"

"Jen, I can't just like not," I said mimicking her, "dad's booked out the track for a couple of hours."

"Pleeeeease," she begged, "you haven't been to a party in ages, it'll be fun, and you need a proper break from all this running." She gave me the puppy dog eyes, ffs.

"You're so annoying, fine, I'll come but only for a few hours." I gave in and she grinned like the Cheshire cat. 

"YES! I love you, you know that right?"

"Yeah, yeah, stop butt kissing," I replied. As we were talking a huddle of people were making their way slowly through the hall and stopped across from us by the other lockers. My heart pounded as I saw the girl from earlier and a tall red headed girl with pretty green eyes surrounded by a group of guys. 

"What are you looking at?" Jenna questioned and followed my gaze. "Oh...them..." she said very unenthusiastically.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, "who are they?"

"Haha, have you been living under a rock or something, that's Lauren and Dani," she said matter of factly.

I continued to look puzzled, "Lauren and Dani?" I asked.