Chapter 19

You guys, I am sooooooooo sorry for making you wait so long. I've had a lot going on in my life and it's been difficult lately but I'm hoping it'll get better soon. I hope you guys can understand and forgive me for my rubbish updating skills! Thank you all for being so patient and continuing to read my story, I hope you like this update! x

Charlie's POV

Life is great, isn't it? I mean, when you truly think about it, life really is amazing. Babies are being born every day and flowers are blooming all the time (somewhere at least) and the sun and the moon. Just everything about life makes it an incredible thing, the good and the bad. Now, Lauren, is definitely a good part of my life. Like DEFINITELY. 

Man, I cannot get this girl out of my mind. She has pretty much only just entered my life and has literally frazzled my head and I don't want the frazzling to ever stop. After our talk last night, I just feel like a lovestruck teenager, she's perfect. And I get to plan a date for us for tomorrow so I need to think of something awesome. In the mean time, however, I have my big race tonight and I'm kinda shitting myself to be honest. I mean, I'm confident in my abilities and all that but the fact that she's going to be there with her sisters watching is nerve-wracking as heck. 

I finished getting ready for school and got all my kit set for tonight before heading downstairs to grab some breakfast.

"Mrnin," Maddy mumbled through a mouthful of cereal. She was sat at the table with her legs swinging underneath, cheerfully reading a magazine. Taylor was sat opposite with one headphone in, as usual.

"Hey, did you see where dad put my spikes?"

"Bootroom," Taylor pointed without looking up from her phone.

"Thanks," I grabbed the shoes and chucked them in my bag zipping it up and tossing it on top of the island. 

"Ooh hey look, your lover's been nominated for a TCA," she waved the screen in front of my face with a teasing tone. 

I sighed rolling my eyes, "she's not my 'lover', Tay," I responded using inverted commas. 

She snorted, "sure, Char, sure."

"Is she your girlfriend, Charlie?" Maddy stuck her tongue out at me and grinned, highfiving Taylor. 

"No she's not my girlfriend, we're just friends," I shrugged and sat down with some toast.

"Liar."

"How am I lying Taylor? She's not my girlfriend!"

"I spoke to Dani, she may not be your girlfriend yet, but you sure as hell ain't just friends..." she smirked. 

"How does- you know what okay fine! Yes we're seeing each other. But she's not my girlfriend so stop calling her that!"

"Geeeeeez, okay fine!"

The kitchen door opened and Hallie walked in yawning, dressed for work.

"Morning. Oh hey Char, just saw your girlfriend doing an interview on TV." 

Taylor and Maddy burst out laughing while I groaned loudly and stood up slinging my bags over my shoulder.

"I'm out of here," I said heading out the door.

"Hey! Wait up, you're my ride remember!"

"Get a move on then, I'm not waiting for you Tay!" I yelled back as I left the house and unlocked my car. 

We rode to school in silence for most of the way before my sister broke it after staring at me for a few minutes, "why are you nervous?"

"If you're talking about the race, I don't know," I sighed.