Chapter 26

Charlie's POV

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT, CHARLIE!" I shrank back against the pillows of Lauren's bed as I heard my girlfriend bellow from her bathroom. Crap, I'm in trouble... I glanced over to the door as she stormed back into the bedroom and yanked the collar of her bed shirt down and indicated to the purple monstrosities I had inflicted upon her neck during yesterday's heated makeout scene at the bowling alley. 

"I look like I've been attacked!" She stared me down with an annoyed expression on her face. I smiled sheepishly and let out an awkward chuckle as I scratched the back of my neck. "Well? What do you have to say for yourself?" She demanded, her hands on her hips.

I bit my lip in a failed attempt to ignore how hot she was being right now but ultimately my grin shone through. "If you look closely, that one looks like Mickey Mouse," I pointed out. 

She let out an exasperated cry and growled before reentering the bathroom and slamming the door behind her. I chuckled, "babe? I'm kidding," (not really) "c'mon we can cover them up, I'm sorry, please let me in." I knocked gently on the door and waited as I was received with nothing but silence. A few moments later the lock clicked and the door was pulled back to reveal Lauren with her arms crossed over her chest. I laughed when I got a closer look.

"Oh shit, I didn't realise how bad it was," I grimaced at the blotches on her skin and stroked lightly before having my hand slapped away. "Baby, I'm sorry, do they hurt?" I asked seriously, my voice apologetic.

"They're sensitive," she said quietly. I frowned and stretched out my hands again, successfully avoiding being slapped, and softly rubbed the affected areas. She winced a little and I immediately felt guilty. 

"I'm really sorry, Laur. Guess I got a little too into it..." She smiled slightly and leaned in to give me a light peck on the lips.

Sighing she said, "me too. That's enough love bites for a while though." I nodded and kissed her on the cheek before following her back into her room.

"Are you going to see Zayn perform today?" I asked her as she sat on her bed and grabbed her phone. She quickly typed a message and immediately turned it off when I joined her. Weird. "Lauren?"

"Hmm?" She returned her attention to me.

"I said are you going to the mall later to watch Zayn?"

"Oh, um no, I wish I could but I have to take my brothers to the pool." She fidgeted and shrugged apologetically.

I frowned in disappointment, "that sucks. I'd much rather go to the pool... but I promised Jenna I'd go with her."

"I actually don't know why you don't like Zayn, he's amazing," she said, standing up and rifling through her closet for something to wear. She chucked me a clean sweatshirt and I slid it over my head.

"He's fine, I'm just not a fan, like I just don't really care about him."

"Well I'm jealous so get an autograph for me?" She batted her eyelashes at me and I rolled my eyes before nodding. "Thanks babe, you're the best," she beamed. 

I scoffed, "damn right I am. Nobody can compare to this gloriousness," I framed my face with my hands. 

"Woah, fighting talk!" She joked.

I leaned across the bed and grabbed a cushion, throwing it at the back of her head, messing up her just brushed hair. She turned and gave me a 'da fuq' look. 

"Pillow talk," I winked and she paused before throwing her head back in amusement and jumping on top of me.

"You're such a dork," she smiled and leaned down for a soft and slow kiss.