Chapter 20

Lauren's POV

Watching Charlie's race yesterday was so much fun; I love the idea of being the supportive girlfriend and cheering her on. I mean, well, the supportive whatever I am. I guess I'm just kind of like her personal cheerleader, for now. I want to be her girlfriend more than anything but I'm struggling. It's like this internal battle I'm having with myself, I know I'm clearly not straight, and I'm very aware that I am falling for a girl, but how can I have a public relationship with her?

I shook the negative thoughts out of my head and stretched and yawned as I climbed out of my bed. Today is date day! I have no idea what she's up to but all I know is she has a plan and to dress casual. I woke up with butterflies in my stomach and I'm feeling really nervous. I've never really been on a proper date to be honest; I mean yeah, sure, I've 'dated' a few people, but none of them lasted very long and none of them actually took me for a real date... kinda sad really. 

I checked my phone and smiled to myself as I saw my good morning text from Charlie. We've been texting all the time since we started seeing each other and her cute morning messages always brighten my day.

Char: Goodmorning beautiful

Me: Morning, you

I sent a quick reply before grabbing my towel and heading for a shower. I had cheer practice this afternoon annoyingly, so I put on my sports tank and a pair of running shorts and put my hair up in a high pony tail ready for later. I headed down to grab something to eat and be social with the rats. 

"Hey," the rat queen herself, a.k.a. my younger sister, greeted me as I slid onto the stool at the breakfast bar. Lisa and Amy were shuffling around the kitchen making themselves breakfast, while I busied myself with responding to Charlie. I made lazy conversation with them for a while before things turned to discussing last night's race.

"So I had no idea Charlie was that fast, like wow, that girl has got some serious legs!" Amy commented as we all sat eating the pancakes she'd made us. I swallowed and hoped to God that Lisa and Dani wouldn't run with this... no one else in my family knew about our prospering relationship so I was pretty terrified about coming out to them about it.

"I know right! She's so freaking fast!" Lisa agreed while I simply nodded.

"I don't think she can be beaten. I wonder if anyone will ever actually be able to catch her," Amy pondered out loud as she chewed on a pancake.

Dani sniggered and I immediately glared at her, knowing she had a comment lined up. "Pretty sure Lauren's already caught her heart..." she murmured under her breath. I kicked her and she smacked me back.

"Uhh say what now?" Amy turned to look at me with a quizzical expression on her face. Lisa laughed and high fived Dani as I sat there awkwardly fidgeting.

"Lauren and Charlie are-" 

"-are good friends, we're really good friends," I slapped a hand over Lisa's mouth and smiled at Amy's disbelieving look.

"Suuure," she shook her head and rolled her eyes, before jumping up off the stool and walking over to the sink to wash the dishes. I turned to my other sisters and gave them the death glare.

"What the fuck?" I mouthed, they silently laughed and after Amy walked out to go shower I turned on.

"You guys need to stop," I warned.

"Oh c'mon Laur, it's harmless! It's so cute and we support you all the way, you know that."

"Yeah, we love Charlie, she's awesome. You know you're gonna have to tell them sooner or later right?" Dani added.