Chapter 23

Charlie's POV

"Why don't you just write her a song or something?" I grimaced as Jenna spat her crumbs at me as she gazed lovingly at her sandwich. Lauren and I have been dating for just over a week now and I adore her. We've spent almost every evening in each other's company but obviously it's still low-key and everything. I kinda wanna do something special for her, to show her I'm serious about pursuing this.

"Are you kidding me, Jen? No way!" I whisper shouted, glancing around the cafeteria making sure no one was listening. "I cannot write a freaking love song for a professional singer..."

She shrugged and took another bite, "sure you can. Charlie don't pretend you don't have a bomb ass voice. Quite frankly it offends me that you are both musically and athletically gifted. You're a sexy allrounder, girl."

I rolled my eyes and smiled humbly, shaking my head. I mean, I know my voice isn't terrible... well like I don't sound like a strangled cat... but I just cannot sing for Lauren, that's just cringe and I'd be so embarrassed... nuh uh.

"Ugh, c'mon, think of something else, Christmas break starts tomorrow and I have to do something! It's waaaay too early to be singing love songs anyway."

Jenna swallowed and sighed before placing her palms on the table. "Look, just do something spontaneous and cute. Buy her some roses or something, us chicks dig roses, man."

"Uh excuse me, I know that dipshit, I'm not a dude," I argued crossing my arms and then blushing as I saw Lauren wink at me as she followed the cheerleaders with her tray.

Jenna looked over her shoulder to see what had caused my involuntary reaction and rolled her eyes before grinning. "Could've fooled me."

I frowned and turned my attention back to her, "what's that supposed to mean?"

She laughed and reached across the table to grab my arm sympathetically, "Char, let's face it, you are so the boyfriend in this relationship." I gasped and snatched my arm back from her defensively.

"What the fuck, no I am not!" My eyebrows furrowed in annoyance as she started crying and snorting with laughter, making other people including Lauren and the cheerleaders start to pay attention.

When she'd finally got a hold of herself she opened her irritating mouth again to my disappointment, "yes you are. It's not a bad thing, you just gotta work it."

"But I am NOT the boyfriend, that's so stupid," I shook my head, disregarding her ridiculous statement.

"Of course you are. Okay look, just look at what you're wearing," she indicated my outfit. I looked myself up and down and waited expectantly. "You're in ripped jeans, Nike sneakers, a Varsity jacket and a backwards snapback..."

"Pfft, so what? It's comfortable," I shrugged.

She raised an eyebrow and tilted her head towards Lauren who was watching us carefully from a distance. "Compared to what she's wearing? Uh hello? You're literally the boyfriend!"

"Jenna, she's in her cheerleading outfit, of course she looks more feminine right now. Stereotypes are so stupid!" I shook my head and angrily stabbed at my food. Jenna sipped her drink and eyed me curiously before snorting and blowing bubbles into her soda. She swallowed and laughed throatily before I gave up ignoring her and asked her what was so funny.

"Just that... you're 100% a bottom." I choked on my food and felt myself turn bright red. Jenna almost fell off of her chair she was laughing so much, and I smacked her hard on the arm causing her to pout and rub it.

"Okay, fuck no, I am absolutely not a bottom," I said adamantly, waggling my finger around in her face, causing a few nosey listeners to chuckle.

"Okay Char, whatever you say..... bottom," she pretend coughed at the end of her sentence, making me give her the death glare. She put her hands up in defence and the conversation quickly moved on to Christmas plans.