Chapter 14: Don't Dude Me Wood

Valentine's POV

"Summer break has finally started!" Amanda squealed as she emphasized on finally. I chuckled while nodding at her.

Summer break had started today and I couldn't wait for the road trip. I told my parents about it and they didn't even care. They just replied back with an okay and told me to take care. But I'm glad anyway. At least I got to go now.

Amanda and I were at her house and were discussing the plans for summer. And up till now, we haven't really come up with an outstanding plan.

"You know what? It's decided. We'll swim, eat, have drinks, play seven minutes in heaven or hell, or whatever you wanna call it, and sleep." Amanda said jokingly. I gave her a blank look. "Please no. I don't want to waste my summer break like that. I want to have fun. Do something memorable."

"Please, for you, each and every moment of this trip would be memorable," Amanda said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at her and said,"how many times do I have to tell you that I am not dating Zander? And as a matter of fact, I. Don't. Like. Zander. Black."

"Yeah, sure," Amanda said in a dismissal tone and went back to her phone. Probably texting Andrew.

I haven't told Amanda about how I asked Zander to wait for me. To give me sometime. I wanted to tell her badly, but I was afraid that I'll hurt her. I mean, Zander broke her heart and now, I liked him.

I let out a tired sighed and laid back on Amanda's bed; trying to get Zander out of my mind.

____________________

"Come on girls. How much time do you all take?" Andrew asked from the other side of the door. Amanda let out an annoyed sigh.

"Andrew, wait for a minute. We're just about to be done." Amanda and I were getting ready to go for the trip. I was wearing a nice pair of shorts and a white netted shirt, with a black crop top underneath it. And a pair of vans to go along with it. While Amanda was wearing blue skinny jeans, grey half-sleeved shirt and a pair of converses to go along with it.

I took a final view in the mirror and decided to head out of the room.

"You look nice." I heard Zander say as I climbed down the stairs. I gave him a thankful smile and ignored my blushing cheeks. Zander, Andrew, Amanda and I headed outside the house and to the car.

"So who's driving?" Andrew asked.

Andrew knew how to drive but he didn't want to. I could drive too so I volunteered but so did Zander. I shot him a glare.

"I am driving." He rolled his eyes.

"Not gonna happen. Sit on the passenger side. I'll drive."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"I said no Zander."

"As if I care. And yes."

"Shut up! Both of you!" Amanda said with wide eyes and ended with a snicker. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I will drive. You both will sit in the back." Andrew said with a finalized tone. Zander and I groaned simultaneously and we both shot each other a glare.