Chapter 18: Doll & Watch

I updated just for my loyal readers. Thank you for reading but I'd really appreciate if you guys don't be silent readers; give me feedbacks and votes. I'd really appreciate that. Anyway, happy reading!

||||||||||

Valentine's POV

Zander quickly nodded and picked me up. Sobs wracked through me, as I clung onto Zander, and hid my face in the crook of his neck. I could hear him mutter things to comfort me but nothing was working.

He led us out of my house, to his car. He quickly helped me in and he hurriedly went to the driver's side and got in. I roughly wiped my tears by the hem of my shirt and tried to calm myself down.

"Val, please tell me what's wrong?" I heard Zander ask me softly. I briefly glanced at him and let out a sigh.

"My parents. They were in an accident, Zander." I still couldn't believe it. It was like history was repeating itself. I lost Joey to an accident and now my parents. I won't be able to bear the pain of losing them.

Tears immediately resurfaced and rolled down my cheek. Zander quickly grabbed my hand and held it throughout the ride.

~~~

After few minutes which felt like forever, we finally reached the hospital. I quickly got out of the car and ran inside the hospital.

"Val! Wait!" I heard Zander yell but I didn't even acknowledge it and stopped in front of the reception counter.

"In which room are Mr.&Mrs. Wood? I'm their daughter." I snapped. I quickly bit my lip as guilt ran through me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"Its okay. They are in 405 and 406." The old woman said.

I quickly shot her a thankful smile and I was about to go toward one of the elevators, but I was stopped when Zander grabbed me by my elbow and turned me around.

"Stay strong okay? They would want you to be." He said softly as he kissed my forehead. A smile appeared on my face and I nodded. I held his hand and pulled him towards the elevators.

We got in one of them and I shuffled on my feet as I waited for it to reach the fourth floor. I felt Zander squeeze my hand in reassurance and I looked up at him with a wry smile.

The elevator's door slid open and we quickly dashed to the first room, 405. As soon as we were in front of the door, I let out a deep breath and slowly gripped the knob and as I turned it I felt my fears and anxiety rising.

"I'll be out here. If you need me, I'm here." I heard Zander say. I nodded and smiled at him gratefully.

I slowly stepped inside the room and I hesitantly looked up from the ground.

There he was, my father, laying on the uncomfortable hospital bed. He looked so peaceful and at ease. It looked like he was asleep. In a flash, I was by his side, gripping one of his hands.

"Please, dad don't leave me. I need you. You need to open your eyes. I love you so so much." I croaked out as I held onto his hand as if my life depended on it.

"Who are you?" A voice was heard from behind. I quickly looked around and saw an old man, most probably in his 50s. I noticed the badge on his coat and it said, Dr. Sprayberry.