Chapter 9: Summer Ball

Valentine's POV

"OH MY GOD! I'm freaking out! I can't wait! I AM GOING WITH ANDREW! He finally asked me!" Amanda squealed from the other side of the phone. I laughed at her while shaking my head.

I'm so glad that Zander asked Andrew.

"I'm so happy for you, Amanda. Now if he hurts you, I'm going to chop off his balls and throw it to the dogs to eat." I said jokingly but I was serious. If he hurts Amanda, I am going to make sure he feels the pain.

"So, how was your date with Connor?" Amanda asked. And I could imagine a teasing smirk on her face.

I giggled. "It was amazing. I loved everything about it. He was amazing so I had a great time." I heard Amanda chuckle at me. "Well, I'm glad to hear."

"By the way, when are you coming to my house?" I asked her.

"Umm...I'll be there around 4." I nodded and then I realized she can't see me, so I replied an okay then hung up.

I hadn't thanked Zander yet so I think now was a suitable time.

"Woah, Valentine Wood called me twice? That's some progress." I heard Zander say. I just shook my head annoyingly. "I called you because I wanted to thank you. Thanks for asking Andrew. You didn't really tell me but Amanda told me that Andrew finally asked her to the Ball. So I'm assuming Andrew does like Amanda."

"You got that right. And you're welcome." He said.

After that, we said our byes then hung up. By the time I had finished talking to Zander, Amanda had already reached my house.

"Hey, bitch!" Amanda chirped. I looked at her weirdly. "Hey, yourself. What got you so chirpy?" Amanda feigned a fake hurt look on her face and kept her hand above her heart and said,"why can't you see me happy, Val? I thought we were best friends." I rolled my eyes playfully at her and shook my head amusedly.

"What happened? Spill!" I asked her due to my curiosity. She laughed at me and nodded her head.

"Andrew called me yesterday night. And we kept on talking and talking and talking and talking and talking-"

"Okay, Amanda, I get it. You and Andrew talked. What happened after that?" Amanda glared at me for interrupting her then continued.

"Yeah. So, we continued talking till 3:00am but then I fell asleep like an idiot, therefore I didn't hung up the phone. Anyway, in the morning, I woke up, said hello, then Andrew answered.

He freaking answered! When I asked him why didn't he hung up or if he got any sleep; he said as if it was nothing, that he didn't hung up because I didn't hung up. Cause I also asked him to stay. Like can you imagine how romantic he is?! God, I like him so much Valentine. I don't think I've ever felt happier." I awed and hugged her.

"I'm so happy for you Amanda. You deserve all the happiness. I can see that Andrew likes you, I just hope he doesn't screw up." She nodded her head in understanding.

"C'mon, enough about Andrew and me. Let's talk about you and Connor!" Amanda says with a teasing smirk.

I blushed a crimson red and giggled. "He is amazing. We are amazing. I am so happy Amanda." I told her with a dreamy sigh.