Chapter 8 (Part 2): Who knows? World Is A Capricious Place

Zander's POV

"C'mon die! Fuck!" Andrew yelled as he aggressively pushed the buttons, on the video game consoler. I raised my eyebrow at his dramatic outburst. Andrew was at my place, so we decided to play some C.O.D.

What does Andrew thinks of Amanda?

I kind of know what Valentine is trying to do, she is playing the Cupid for these two. And honestly, I think it's stupid. I mean, they're not fucking kids, they have brains and they know what to do and what not.

But I'll try anyway.

"So, Andrew, do you like Amanda?" I said bluntly. Andrew's head snapped towards and for a moment, I was afraid that he might get a whiplash.

Andrew's eyes widened and he started coughing uncontrollably. I patted his back; waited for him to compose himself.

Usually, I would laugh at him, but if Valentine's right then I will help Andrew to get Amanda, even though I don't want to. I mean, that's what's best friends are for.

"Why do you..uh, ask..me this?" Andrew scratched his neck nervously with wide eyes.

I smirked at him. "Just bloody spit it out. You fucking like her, don't you?" His eyes further widened, if that's even possible, and he slowly nodded at me.

My smirk widened and I chuckled at him. "Dude, grow some fucking guts and ask her to the Summer Ball." I told him with an amused smile. He looked at me with suspicious, I gave him a questioning glance.

"You remembered Summer Ball, that's strange. Is it because of a certain brunette?" I snarled at him so grabbed the nearest cushion and threw it at me, but he ducked and it hit the wall.

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "Okay, I have eyes and seeing how many chicks asked me, it's pretty much drilled into my brain. And How many time do I have to tell you that I don't fucking like Valentine!?"

It was his turn to roll his eyes at me and then he got up. "Fine, I'm going to take your advice." He said with a nervous sigh.

"And don't forget chocolates and shit. Girls love those kind of bullshit." I told him. He gave me a thumbs up and walked out the door.

Valentine's POV

I'm currently getting ready for this date with Connor; once again Amanda is helping me with it. I settled to wear a skirt and a white t-shirt tucked in. It was a formal yet comfortable attire.

"So, what do you think he has in mind?" Amanda asked me. I shrugged at her and said, "no idea. He is so unpredictable." Amanda flashed me a grin and said, "okay, Now enough of talking, let me now do the magic."

So she did.

~~~~~~~~

After 1 hour of sheer torture, Amanda was finally done.

"Ta da!"

I looked at my reflection on the mirror; I smiled big. I turned around to give Amanda a tight hug.

"Okay, okay! You'll ruin your hair."

Our conversation was cut short by the doorbell. My parents were not at home, so I went downstairs to open the door.

My eyes widened with confusion, at what I saw. There was a man wearing a clean black suit; holding out a scarlet coloured envelope in his hand. I gave him a questioning glance, but his face remained blank and urged me to take the envelope. I sighed, taking it with no other option.  I delicately opened the envelope; taking out the letter. I unfolded it and started reading.