Chapter 16: I Hate You Zander

Zander's POV

I was awake for quite sometime and was looking down at the girl laying on my chest.

Yesterday was officially the worst day of my entire life. I knew that lily didn't exactly cheat on me with Andrew but I deserved to know this. Andrew was like my brother and even he didn't feel the need to tell me this. They both had kept it away from me for such a long time. What were they thinking? That I would be okay? That I would forgive them in a blink of en eye?

"Stop." A raspy voice said. I looked down at Valentine and she was looking at me with a soft gaze. I gave her a questioning glance and said,"Stop what?" She knew I was playing dumb. I knew exactly what she wanted me to stop.

She wanted me to stop thinking about what had happened yesterday.

She let out a deep sigh and reached up to gently press her lips on mine. I closed my eyes as if trying to capture the blissful feeling of kissing her. My hands reached up to hold her tightly and closely. After a few moments she pulled away and let out a shaky breath.

"You need to stop thinking about what happened. I know you are hurt but try to forget about it." I wish it was really that easy to forget something. I wish there was a delete, rewind and a pause button in life.

Life would've been so much more easier.

I let out a tired sigh and said, " Trust me Valentine when I say this- I want to forget it. All of it. But it's not that easy. It's easier said than done. My two best friends went ahead and lied to my face without feeling an ounce of guilt or regret. You tell me, if you were in my position wouldn't you think about the betrayal?" Valentine's eyes widened at my response but she quickly composed herself and said, "You are right. I just don't like seeing you hurt." My eyes softened at her words and I pressed my lips to her forehead.

"I'll be fine till the time you're here."

~~~~

Valentine's POV

It had been a week since the encounter with lily. A lot has changed. Andrew and Zander were still in a fight and Amanda was trying her best to comfort her boyfriend while I tried my best to be there for Zander.

It was difficult though. He had his fair share of cranky and snappy days but I knew whenever he told me to leave him alone, he wanted me to stay. I knew if I left him alone, he'll just end up thinking about the past days.

Lily was a bittersweet memory in his life. She gave him amazing memories to cherish but she also gave him scars not physically but emotionally.

And that was the worst kind of hurt and betrayal.

"I need these two to make up. It's depressing seeing them apart." Amanda finished with a groan. I definitely agreed with her. Zander and Andrew were best friends and fighting over a girl was a stupid reason.

Yes, what Andrew did was messed up but you just don't give up on a friendship like this.

And this break was suppose to be drama free but I guess not.

"I know, right? We need to do something." I told her with determination clear in my voice. "But what?"

Silence washed over us as we got lost in our thoughts. This was quite frustrating. Zander wasn't ready to acknowledge Andrew and Andrew was on the verge of giving up.

My eyes widened as an idea popped in my mind. "What are you thinking?" Amanda asked, breaking my train of thoughts. I looked at her as the corner of my lips twitched upward in amusement. Amanda rolled her eyes at me and motioned me to continue.