Chapter Two

When I got on the boat I saw all kinds of wizards my age casting elemental spells. One girl I saw was sitting reading a magic text book. She had long blonde hair, hazel eyes, was fairly tall and had a slim figure, she wore normal clothes.

I have medium strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, am fairly tall, have a slim figure, I wore my Water robe.

I asked her, "What kind of wizard are you?"
"I am an Ozone Mage." She answered. An Air Mage?
"Don't you mean Wizard?"
"No, for many school years you will be called a Mage and then promoted to Wizard and, if your lucky, you'll be be promoted to Sorcerer or Sorceress." I could tell by the way she said Sorceress, she wanted it quite badly.
"What's your name by the way?" I asked.
"Alexis. You?"
"Lira."
"Ok. And I see by you robes your an Aqua Pura Mage?"
"Most likely."
"Most likely?"
"Well my parents were both water types. They died when I was a ba- AHH!" I got a searing headache all over my head and fell to the floor.

When I opened my eyes I was in a house. The cream coloured walls made me feel all bubbly inside. Suddenly, a red dragon burned through the roof of the house and someone's arm covered my line of vision. I heard a cry of, "Syra!" It was a little while before I could see again, I came crashing down to the floor. I saw a women, I regarded her as mama. My mom? The red dragon flew down to my mom and the gust from its huge wings blew me so far away, I guessed about 15-20 feet. I cried my eyes out as the dragon sent out a blast of blue fire at my mother. He flew away as the smoke fumes made me dizzy, and my vision went fuzzy. Finally, I lost consciousness.

When I opened my eyes my heart was racing and I was coughing. "Lira!" Alexis cried, shaking me awake. I stopped coughing, "Just breathe, keep breathing." Alexis said stroking my hair. I looked around and saw a crowd of people surrounding me. "She's breathing, give her some air!" Alexis yelled and everyone moved away. I got to my feet and sat on a bench on the boat deck. Alexis came beside me. "What happened?" She asked. I shook my head,
"I don't know." I thought for a moment. "I think I saw my parents dying."
"What?"
"I think I saw when I was a baby and my parents dyed. There was a red dragon and lots of fire, even some blue fire."
"Wow, that's amazing." Alexis looked stunned. "I didn't think a person could remember something like that when they were just a baby when it happened." I shrugged.

That's when the boat started moving, fast. The boat may have looked like a normal sail boat but in reality... It was an ultra motorboat. Now I understood why Gargon had called it 'super sailing'. The strange thing was, I barely move a muscle. Strange. I heard a crew member's voice come over the PA system, "Attention WDSWA students, we are now moving at the speed of aftertaste."
"Aftertaste?" I asked.
"Yup. Not light or sound, no one has that much power. So we go at the speed of aftertaste. You know what I'm talking about." I nodded. Aftertaste was fast, but not CRAZY CRAZY fast.

The crew member continued, "We will arrive on Mutomati Island in 1 hour."

Alexis and I talked about our personal lives for the hour until we got to Mutomati Island.

It was gorgeous. The island was full of lush trees of all kinds, beautiful rivers, a warm wind was in the air and tiki torches lined every street. When I stepped off the boat and onto the cobblestone path, I saw a street sign that read: Blue Fire Drive. I looked ahead of me and saw the huge school building. It had 3 levels and was in an octagonal shape. The building was painted a gold colour and shimmered in the sun. Next to the school was a cluster of 2 story buildings that formed a small circle in the centre of the buildings. A tall willow tree stood in the middle of the circle. Each building was a different colour, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 brown, 1 grey, 1 white, 1 purple and 1 blue.

A man tall young man with dark brown hair and a red robe walked up to us. "New arrivals," he began. "Welcome to Mutomati Island. My name is Carlos Metium and I am a senior student at WDSWA. The school is the gold building straight ahead of you, there you will learn to harness your powers, about the history of wizarding, to fight and how to care for a dragon. Now, I will give you each a number and a colour that will determine which dormitory and dorm room you are in. So say I gave you red 4 that means your in the red building, room 4."

I regarded the buildings and realized the pattern: red and yellow were for Incandescent (Fire) Mages, green and brown were for Terra (Earth) Mages, grey and white were for Ozone (Air) Mages and purple and blue were for Aqua Pura (Water) Mages.

I was quick to get my colour and number and was soon walking with Alexis to our dorms. "What did you get?" I asked. "White 3." She answered. "You?" I looked at my slip of paper,
"Purple 7."

Once we got to the little circle of dorm buildings I read the name on the entrance sign: 'Mati Polo' or 'Dragons Court'.