Chapter Three

nce Alexis and I went our separate ways I headed towards the purple dorm building. I had overheard someone saying that each dorm held 50 students. Every student gets there own dorm! I was so afraid I might get a roommate who's a total jerk.

It turned out all the odd numbered rooms were on the top floor and all the even numbered rooms were on the bottom floor. That means I get a balcony, sweet! I thought.

Once I was inside my room I was amazed. The walls were a beautiful lavender, there was a fireplace next to the door, a light blue recliner next to a book case and the bed was fairly large and the bed sheets were dark blue with light blue squiggly lines to act as waves, and raindrops in between the squiggles. Two glass doors opened out to the metal frame balcony. The curtains that covered the doors were dark purple with blue raindrops on them, they were as soft as silk.

That's when I saw a brown suitcase on the bed. I didn't bring anything. I thought. I walked up to the suitcase and saw an envelope on top of it. The envelope had no name and no return address, I opened it.

Lira,
We grabbed some of your things for you.
Gargon and Tataron

I smiled and opened the suitcase. They grabbed my toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, hairbrush, hair ties, books, my extra pair of glasses and clothing. I unpacked my stuff and saw a note on the back of my door. It read:

All classes begin tomorrow at 8:15

Awesome. I thought. I was so inexplicably beat I just plopped onto the bed and fell asleep.

It was not a sound sleep.

I was tossing and turning for a long time before I had the dream. When I opened my eyes I was in never ending darkness. Suddenly, it seemed as if the walls themselves set ablaze as I was surrounded by lava and fire. I was standing on a thin pillar of bedrock that towered a good twenty feet above the sea of lava. I surveyed my surroundings and saw a monstrously big, black dragon. It's neck was long and snake like, winding around the tower. It's forked tongue spewed fire. It made me jump and I fell off the edge of the bedrock tower. I screamed as I got closer and closer to the lava. I was just about to be burned to bones when...