Epilogue

The days after that were a lot of fun. The very next day at the beginning of the day we had a big celebration gathering where something very interesting happened. During the gathering Headmaster Funnelgust announced, "We would now like to call killer of the Dragon herself up to the podium, Lira Riviera!" Me? I thought. I had no idea this was coming. I hesitantly walked to the stage with Steam Whistle at my side, "Um, hi. My name is Lira Riviera and well... This is my story." I went through the story word for word and at the end I said, "Now, fighting Dragons above fiery pits of lava in secret caves in dark forests sounds really cool, it does. But we have to remember that Daniel Scorching-Embers died in that forest. Even though he was a bad guy, well... He had no choice. Please, a moment of silence for him." Everyone bowed their heads in quiet respect. After a moment I spoke again, "And I would have died without the help of my friends Alexis and Spencer." Everyone cheered. "And my Dragon Steam Whistle." Again cheers. "So remember I'm not a hero. For there are no heroes, just good people who make good choices. In battles or in friends." I finished to raging applause. I finally understood Maha's definition of a 'Chosen One'.

After school that day I was lying on my bed reading a book when a gorgeous ray of sunshine came through the doors to my balcony. I think I'll read outside today. I thought. I walked outside and felt a gust of warm late summer air. I don't know why but afternoons like these always inspired me. I crafted a chair of non-melting ice and opened my book.

I was reading for awhile until I felt rain. Dang. I thought. I closed my book and stood up. At least it's refreshing. I was trying to keep a positive outlook on life ever since I had nearly died in a pit of lava. I threw my book on my bed inside and sat back out on the balcony. It was kind of nice actually. I decided. It was only a light shower anyway. Steam Whistle flew outside and roared happily. She didn't squeal anymore, even when she was small she just roared.
Raaaiiin! Steeeemyyy liiike raaaaiiiin! I smiled,
"Tallbig." I said. She turned into her usual full grown self. Her scales were extra shiny in the rain. The rain started to slow and eventually a rainbow appeared. I stood up and leaned on the metal rail of the balcony. Everything is so confusing right now. I thought out of the blue. Why was I so lucky to get a Mirage Dragon? Was it just coincidence that my mom had one even though their apparently super rare? Would I ever know? Would I ever know anything about my parents? Who would know? How would I find them? What would I discover? Would I like what I discovered? What's a Gahgahla? Who's a Gahgahla? Why did that word sound so familiar? Did it have something to do with my parents? Are people hiding these things from me? Who could I trust to give me answers? Daniel wasn't trustable and I liked him for a little while! What if I couldn't trust anyone? What if my friends weren't trustable? What destiny did I have? Would I be able to fulfill it? Would the pieces ever fit? When would the questions stop?! My head hurt from all these questions. I fell back onto my chair and put my head between my knees. I had to calm down, this all just means more adventure right? More death defying adventure? Sure. I put my head up slowly and stood back up. I breathed deeply and eventually felt better. Steam Whistle flew by me again and made me smile. A lot of good had happened too. I thought. I had a wonderful Dragon, a helpful boyfriend, a hilarious best friend and a much better life than before. I mean, I went from a normal day to day tween to a fantastical Aqua Pura Mage. So, bring on round two! I'm ready for everything and anything! I laughed out loud. I was being stupid and existential. It felt weird. "I need some human interaction." I said.
Iiii taaalk toooo yooouuu. Steam Whistle offered appearing in front of me.
"Sorry Steamy, I don't think you count as human."
Iiii taaaakeee yoooouuuu toooo Speeenceeer aaand Aaaaaleeeexis. Steam Whistle said immediately. I laughed again. This was my life now huh? I asked myself. I smiled, let the ride begin.