Chapter One

Twelve years later my Aunt Helen was driving me to school as I sat in the front seat. We passed Beckham High and the student who stood out the most was a girl with reddish hair. It looked like she had a bag full of swimming supplies, cool I love swimming.

When we arrived at my school I got out of my Aunts silver Mini to walk into Greenfield Middle School. It was another crappy Monday. When I got to my locker I looked at my schedule: Advisory, French, Phys. Ed, Math, Math, lunch, Language, Language and computers. I let out a tired huff. I usually actually favour school, except on Mondays. But really, who does favour anything on Mondays? I grabbed my French and Math binders, my gym bag and headed into room 201 or homeroom.

French was a blur and soon I was off to Phys. Ed. Some physical activity (no matter how much I sucked at it) always brightened my mood. At least we don't get homework. I thought.

That day we were playing dodge ball in gym. We couldn't go outside because it was early May and it was still cold. I was coolly dodging and hitting as the game raged on.

Suddenly, two men in black suits walked into the gym and started to talk to Mr. Speers. I half played the game and half watched their conversation as I swore that they were pointing at me. One of the men would point in my direction and then Mr. Speers would look my way. They wrapped up their conversation and Mr. Speers pointed directly at me, beckoning. "Me?" I mouthed. He nodded. I walked towards Mr. Speers and the men.
"Lira, these men are here by request of your Aunt." Mr. Speers said. I looked the men up and down. Black suits and ominous black briefcases, they looked like high class business men. How did aunt Helen know them? I wondered. "Come with us." The taller man said in a surprisingly warm tone.

Once we were outside I saw a black limousine parked right in front of us. The driver was waiting for us and opened the very last door on the limo. I got in and the men came in after me. When the door closed I asked, "Are you guys gonna kill me?"

In that moment, the men started to glow. The light was so strong that I was temporarily blinded. When the glow dimmed and I opened my eyes, the men were no longer in black suits. They were wearing long, glittering dark purple robes. There was only one difference, the taller man had pictures of flames on his robe where the shorter man had pictures of rocks and trees on his robe. They laughed lightheartedly.
"Of course were not going to kill you." The taller one said.
"We just want to talk to you." The shorter one said.
"You weren't sent by my aunt were you?" I asked.
"No" The shorter one said shamefully.
"This is going to be a lot to take in." The taller one said. I kept a quizzical look on my face.
"My name, is Gargon G Glimiph. I am an earth wizard." The shorter one said.
"My name, is Tataron T Trismie. I am a fire wizard." The taller one said.
"Your- your wizards?!" They both nodded.
"And we think you are too." Gargon said.
"How can you tell that?"
"Well, you are Lira Riviera?" Gargon asked. I nodded.
"We also have a test." Tataron said. "Kimini oko yoputo?"
"Daleo." I answered. Oh my god... I understood him. He asked me what my favourite colour was and I had said Indigo. "H-how did I know that?"
"Your a wizard." Tataron said softly.
"What kind?" I asked.
"Water, most likely. We call it Auqa Pura. Both of your parents were water type, we assume the same for you." Tataron answered. My parents? They were wizards? I never even knew how they died, what if it was related to their powers?

"Now we have an offer to make you,  how would you like to go to White Dragon School of the Wizarding Arts?" I thought about for a second,
"What about my aunt?"
"No human would remember you ever existed. All their memories of you would be erased." Gargon answered. That didn't really matter I mean... Who did I have? My aunt? I nodded.
"I'll do it." I said shaking both their hands.
"Galeus." Tataron said.

Suddenly, my clothes turned from my gym shirt and shorts to a long, sparkling turquoise robe. It had pictures of almost invisible raindrops on it that glittered endlessly. I also had a cone shaped hat to match.

"The school is on Mutomati Island, or The Island of Dragons." Gargon explained. I nodded as he spoke. "You will learn to use you powers, fight against opposite elements and train a dragon." That last one excited me, caring for a dragon.
"When do I fly out?" I asked.
"Oh, you don't fly," Gargon said. "You super sail." I looked out the limo's window and saw what looked like a simple sail boat. Except it was three time bigger than a simple sail boat. I read the name of the boat: Dragons