Chapter 2: Nathan's Room

Once their voices vanished completely, Jay got up from the floor and quietly left his room. He had heard everything and felt real bad for Nathan. He knew he was probably crying in his room just like he was when they made fun of him. He wanted to make him feel better. That and he REALLY wanted to know what Nathan was going to tell him. Whatever it was, it felt as if his life depended on it. Jay walked down the hallway and stopped at his tracks as he reached Nathan's room. He softly tried the door knob but as he predicted, it was locked. Jay wasn't gonna give up that easily.

"Nathan, please open the door..." Jay softly whispered, knocking lightly on the door.

"GET AWAY TOM! I WON'T FORGIVE YOU!" Nathan screamed, his voice sounding raspy.

Jay felt real bummed. He hated when Nathan was sad. He's always been his big brother and he always defends him. Jay thought of possibly going up to Tom and punching him straight on the face but due to Jay's cumbersome body and Tom's superior strength, he'd probably end up facedown. Besides, that's far too aggressive for Jay. Jay's been known for being the calm one that can do anything as long as there's beer involved while Tom's the one that always gets furious and ends up dealing with things the bad way (not that there's anything wrong with that).

"It's me! Jay. Open up please Nath," Jay once again insisted, telling Nathan it was him.

Nathan automatically stopped crying. Just by thought that Jay had come to his room for him, Nathan smiled. He forgot about everything that happened just by hearing Jay's soothing voice. How could I have not recognized his voice?! Nathan thought. He instantly got up and quickly made his way towards the door, opening it. In front of him stood the same blue-eyed goofball that helped him out in every little problem he's had for the past few years. Nathan smiled at Jay, making Jay blush warmly. Even though the lights were turned off, there was a faint glow coming from downstairs so Nathan saw Jay's face redden. Nathan was about to ask him why he blushed, when suddenly, he felt a warm tingly sensation on his face, indicating he blushed back. What the fuck Nathan?! Nathan thought, mentally slapping himself. Jay looked at Nathan oddly, but decided to ignore it. They both stared at each other in awkward silence for the next few seconds until Nathan finally spoke to Jay.

"Ugh... Come in and lock the door please. Tom's probably on his way to apologize." Nathan instructed Jay, getting a little more melancholic as the memories of the past few minutes came back to his mind.

Jay did as Nathan told him so, then headed to Nathan's bed. He dove straight at it, moaning as he finally fully rested his back on the fluffy surface. Nathan looked at Jay awkwardly, making Jay get up from the bed.

"Haha! Sorry! Didn't mean to moan," Jay excused himself, giving Nathan a sheepish smile.

"Haha! It's alright. Lay down with me. It's better than sitting down I guess." Nathan replied smiling.

It was then Nathan realized he could barely see Jay so he moved to his nightstand and reached for the lamp. Now, Jay's face practically illuminated the room given to his crazily pale skin. Jay's eyes were what stood out the most - their turquoise color shining brightly. Somehow, Nathan felt attracted to Jay. He forgot why Jay was there. All he could think of is how it'd be to get to taste Jay's lips...

"N-Nathan?" Jay asked, a little bit fearful.

Nathan was almost drooling, daydreaming about Jay right in front of him. Jay only experienced moments like these in his dreams, and if he follows to the script, he may be going back to bed quite pleased tonight! But dreams don't always come true. And he's still not sure how to feel of this entire situation.

Nathan snapped back to reality, shaking his head. WHAT was THAT? Nathan thought to himself, questions filling his head. For a second, all that mattered to him in this world was Jay. But now, all he wants to do is get as far away from him as possible. Though, he did come for me when I was crying...