Chapter 7: New Bonds

Nathan was crying on his bed, rolled up like a baby. Jay had picked Sasha over him. He tried his best to not cry too loud considering someone could hear and come in to his room - the worst thing that could happen right now. But he couldn't take it. Eventually, he heard footsteps approach to his room and he knew he had to face his problems and tell someone else what had made him cry. Nathan stopped crying, looking over his bed to the bottom of his door. Two small shadows stood there, not making any noise. For a moment, Nathan wished the person standing before him was Jay, but he knew it'd be too foolish since he was probably still out with Sasha getting laid. He knew Jay too well. Nathan's heart skipped a beat as the door opened, a hand reaching inside his room to the wall. The person hit the light switch, illuminating the entire room. Nathan squinted his eyes, white spots scattering the place. It took a few seconds to realize the person who came into his room was Max, not Jay.

Nathan sighed disappointedly. So Jay really did forget about me. Nathan thought.

Max looked over at Nathan, worry filling his face. He didn't have the slightest idea what could make Nathan cry, considering he didn't have a girlfriend or someone special in his life.

"What's wrong Nath?! Family? Did more girls ditch you again? Tell me who they are! They'll be dealing with me." Max told Nathan.

Nathan shook his head, unsure whether he should tell Max what really happened.

"Then what?" Max asked, placing a hand on Nathan. He was now sitting right next to him on his bed.

Should I tell him? Should I trust him? What if he hates me for liking a guy - who's actually one of our band mates? Nathan thought to himself.

Max remained looking at Nathan, waiting for his answer.

"Alright. I set a picnic tonight at the park. With ... Jay." Nathan started.

"Is that why you two didn't go to the restaurant?" Max asked.

"Yeah. That's why. I wanted some more bonding time with him, and it was all going great. Until Jay's friend interrupted us. Jay spent the rest of our night paying full attention to her. It was like I wasn't even there." Nathan explained to Max.

Max frowned, patting Nathan's shoulder.

"Damn. Where's Jay now? I need to talk to him about this." Max asked.

"Jay's probably still with Sasha. They left me to go to her house..." Nathan replied, feeling warm tears growing behind his eyes.

"That sad sod. Look, you shouldn't feel bad about this Nath. He found true love, I suppose. I've seen how he is with that girl. He's a whole new person. What if she's the one for him? Be happy for him." Max told Nathan, smiling.

Nathan began crying again, knowing all Max said was true. He really lost Jay.

"Max, you don't understand! I LOVE Jay! I don't want him to be with anyone else but me! I want him to be the person I wake up to. The person I cuddle with every night. To be all mine..." Nathan confessed, unable to hold in his feelings.

Max's eyes widened, his face in shock. He had definitely not seen this coming. Nathan? Nathan Sykes? Likes JAY? Max thought. He remained silence, trying to process this new information. Meanwhile, Nathan felt horrible. He knew Max would hate him and they'll never be the same way with each other ever again. He just wanted to die.

"It's really hard to believe this since I never imagined you were gay Nathan." Max finally said.

"I'm not! Just for Jay really..." Nathan said back.

Max stayed quiet again.

"Does Jay feel the same way?" Max asked.

"He did. It was him the one that brought this whole mess. He told me he loved me, but I rejected him. And now he's moved on." Nathan replied, sighing again.