Chapter 39: Rejects

Nathan glanced over at the clock on the wall once again. It'd been hours and Jay still wasn't back. The store was just a few minutes away, so there wasn't anything that could really keep him busy. He's cheating on me. He found a girl a whole lot better than me and she took him home. They're shagging in the living room right now, carefree of the world. He doesn't love me anymore... Nathan thought.

No, don't say that. He's in love with you. He promised you. He just found an old lady at the middle of the street and aided her away from the blaring cars. Knowing Jay, he probably couldn't say no when the woman suggested taking her groceries home, which is twenty miles away. Yeah, that's it. Nathan kept thinking to himself, smiling now.

Just when he was about to lay on the bed to sleep with no worries, someone knocked on the door.

"Ugh..." Nathan grunted, heading towards it.

Wait, it's probably Jay!

He tried looking through the peephole, but it was too dark to make out the figure. He opened the door carefully, hoping it wasn't a pedophile hired to rape him.

"Hey." Tom said, smiling at Nathan.

Nathan smiled back disappointedly, letting him come in.

"Have you seen Jay? He hasn't come back." Nathan asked, beginning to worry again.

A sweat bead broke down Tom's forehead.

"No. Just came here to know if you're up for a film night." Tom explained.

Nathan sighed, nodding.

"Yeah, sure. I have one in my drawer. Let me bring it." Nathan said.

Tom sat down on the couch, a mischievous smile on his face.

The movie ended, Nathan's head resting on Tom's shoulder. He'd fallen asleep, leaving Tom happier than ever. The plan he and Max had thought of would work perfectly.

Tom caressed Nathan's cheek, kissing him. Tom's lips straightly woke Nathan up, his confused eyes lighting up. Nathan didn't let go, nor did he accept the kiss. He simply stared at Tom until he stopped.

"What was that for?" Nathan asked, shyly looking away.

"Didn't want you falling asleep. Can't look at your gorgeous green eyes then, can I?" Tom said, biting his lip sweetly.

Nathan blushed, incapable of turning to Tom.

"I-I have Jay. I'm sorry." Nathan said, getting up from the couch.

"Jay? The guy who left you all by yourself a few days before your wedding, just to go fuck a random slut off the street?" Tom asked, remaining seated.

Nathan stopped, Tom's words chocking him by the throat.

"How do you know that?" Nathan asked.

"I saw him. Went to the store down the street right? He drove a girl away. You could obviously see where that's going." Tom told Nathan, shaking his head.

"D-Did he really? Tom..." Nathan walked shakily towards Tom, falling on top of him.

He sobbed on his chest, hugging him. Tom embraced him back, smiling to himself.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but... Jay's been doing the same thing almost every day ever since you last got together. He hasn't been loyal to you." Tom said.

"Should I cancel everything? I've worked so hard... I don't know what to do... Please help me..." Nathan pleaded, his face dug deep on Tom's neck.

"Just do it. That worthless motherfucker doesn't deserve you. You need someone who can give you whatever you want. Sadly, someone who isn't dying..." Tom said.