Chapter 10: Back to the US

Their vacation turned out great. Within a week, they were all freshly ready to start their world tour. The boys went around the world, country by country, singing for their fans. A week later, they were returning to L.A., where they'll do another gig. Max was nervous but anxious to see Lily again while Jay couldn't wait to get off the plane to dump Sasha and tell her he just wants to be friends. They still needed two more hours to get to California, so in the meantime, they took advantage of their free time by taking naps. Everyone, except Jay and Nathan.

Nathan had completely forgotten about what happened between him and Jay. But at the moment their eyes met, Nathan remembered everything. The pain the memory brought was devastating. Instantly, his wide smile turned into a frown, and he felt himself getting emotional again. Nathan did his best to ignore Jay, looking to the opposite side and resting his head on Max's shoulder.

Jay felt rejection. He knew he was the. one who told Nathan he wasn't interested, yet he felt crushed. He loved Nathan. He truly did. And turning him down was the biggest mistake he could have ever made. He needed to apologize to Nathan and tell him he feels the same way before it's too late.

Jay got up, sitting right next to Nathan. He tried holding his hand, but accidentally placed his hand on Nathan's thigh, making Nathan slowly moan.

"What the hell Jay?! Get away from me!" Nathan yelled softly, swatting Jay's hand away.

"I was aiming for your hand. Sorry..." Jay apologized.

Nathan ignored him, resting his head back to Max's shoulder.

"Look Nath, we've gotta talk." Jay began.

"We did a whole lot of talking back at the house Jay. You already made it clear you don't like me, so why are you talking to me?" Nathan asked.

"Maybe because no matter what happens, we'll always be best mates." Jay told Nathan, getting ahold of his hand.

Nathan stayed quiet but didn't get Jay's hand away this time.

"All I wanted to say was... I'm sorry, alright? I should've never rejected you! I'm still crazy about you Nathan Sykes! You have no idea how many times you've been on my head these past weeks! I love you Nathan! Only you." Jay finally revealed everything to Nathan.

Nathan stayed quiet, trying to control himself, when inside he was screaming at the top of his lungs. With no words to say back, Nathan reached up to Jay and kissed him lightly on the lips. He felt like he was in a whole different world. Yup. Still in love with him. Nathan thought, smiling. Jay bit his lip, obviously wanting more.

Both Jay and Nathan looked around each other, making sure everyone else was still asleep. They got up and made their way to the bathroom, holding hands innocently. It was hard, but Jay and Nathan managed to keep quiet enough so the boys wouldn't hear them.

* * *

The plane landed in the airport, the boys cheering all together. They got their bags and made their way out, greeting fans who were waiting for them. Jay and Nathan did their best to play it cool with them, though it was hard for Jay to walk properly. Once able to go through the massive pack of fans, they got to the front of the airport for a cab. There were none in sight, until one made their way towards them. The cab stopped right in front of them, the passenger getting out of the car and jumping on top of Max.