Chapter 45: Distress

~

Nathan felt people surround him, voices scattering across the room. They called out to him, most too fast to understand. He tried opening his eyes to see what was going on, but he couldn't control any part from his body. He began feeling exasperated, knowing it was a dream but he couldn't do anything about it.

"Come on Nath... Please..." Someone whispered to Nathan, holding on to his hand.

A strange whirl of events began to take place, drowning out all the voices and leading to real life

~

Nathan woke up with a gasp, sitting up immediately to catch his breath. He had thrown Jay off the bed, who had been laying peacefully on his body after last night.

"Shit Nathan..." Jay said, grunting as he got up from the floor.

"Sorry. I had nightmares. They seemed so real..." Nathan said, sighing.

"Baby!" Jay said, sitting next to Nathan and hugging him.

"Nothing bad will happen to you as long as you're with me. I promise you." Jay told Nathan, kissing his forehead.

Unfortunately, promises don't go very far for us Jay. Nathan thought.

"We need to seriously get ready. We have another gig later." Nathan said, getting up.

"And when is that? We can still sleep some more." Jay told Nathan, yawning.

"Just get up your lazy arse and take a shower." Nathan told Jay, going to the restroom.

"Moody much?" Jay asked, rolling his eyes as he got up from the bed.

• • •

The concert ended in a nice way. Nathan took while to adjust to his voice but got used to the songs. The fans liked it all and everyone seemed to be happy. They headed back to the hotel, where they'd have to stay in for one more night until they left yet again for their next tour date. Jay had gone off somewhere with Siva without telling Nathan anything, leaving him alone in his room.

"Nath?" Tom asked, knocking on the door as he peered in the room.

"Yeah?" Nathan said, turning around to face him.

You better not say anything about the kiss, Tom. It didn't mean anything and I wouldn't like you if the world depended on it. Nathan thought.

"I've been thinking about the kiss." Tom began, closing the door behind him.

"What about it?" Nathan said.

"I-I wanna try it again." Tom said, running towards Nathan and kissing him on the lips. He held on to the sides of his face, being careful with his actions. Yet again had he left Nathan surprised, since he didn't expect him to do it again. Tom was an average rated kisser, according to Nathan, so he decided to kiss back.

Tom lead Nathan to his bed, satisfied he had accepted him. Nathan didn't want any part of this, but no one can stop Tom when it came to this. Tom quickly took his shirt and shorts off, their lips only separating for a few milliseconds until they were brought back together again. Tom tried taking Nathan's shirt off but he wouldn't let him, shaking his hands off him. Tom finally let go of Nathan, breathing heavily.

"Wha-What's wrong?" Tom asked disappointedly.

"We can't. If you haven't noticed, Jay and I are together." Nathan said, hoping to close up whatever was happening.

"Oh, I've noticed. Jay's a sexy beast but what about me? I honestly think I'm better than Jay." Tom told Nathan.

"To most girls, yeah. But to me, Jay's better than anyone in this world. I'm sorry Tom." Nathan said, patting his shoulder.