Chapter 49: I Chose You

Days passed and the vacation ended soon. They were off to work once again, traveling around the world doing gigs. Nathan's immense obsession on Jay turned down to the smallest of crushes. Jay was relieved Nathan had fully woken up from his dream world but felt a little bad for him, specially since he had felt a special connection for a second. The rest of the boys had completely forgotten of the latest incident, since Nathan began joining them again when they were checking out girls. They all got to a hotel near their next gig after an eight hour plane ride feeling pretty jet lagged.

"Come on Jay. We're here." Tom told Jay, moving his shoulder a bit.

Jay was fast asleep, dark bags under his eyes.

"Take him." Max said.

Tom nodded, reaching for Jay and carrying him like a toddler. He wheezed step by step, Jay's weight almost toppling him over. Jay opened his eyes as he felt he was gonna fall, looking up at Tom.

"I can go by myself." Jay said after noticing Tom was carrying him.

"Let me at least walk you." Tom said, putting him down. He placed his arm around Jay's shoulder's, partly hugging him as he took him inside the hotel.

Nathan felt a hollow pit settle in his stomach as he watched Jay get comfortable with Tom. No matter how much he's tried to get over him, something about Jay somehow makes him feel better in a way.

"Can you take me, Max? My stomach kinda hurts..." Nathan said, almost begging Max to treat him how Jay's being treated.

"BABY NATH!" Max said, squishing his cheeks.

Max picked up Nathan, putting him on his shoulders.

"Up to the entrance only. I'm afraid I'm getting older..." Max said, holding on to Nathan's thighs firmly.

"It's all right." Nathan said, ruffling Max's bald head.

In a few seconds they entered the building, Nathan having to get down from Max. Max had a big smile on his face as he kissed Nathan's forehead, snatching his hotel room key from Big Kev. Nathan felt a little fluttery, but knew if the same thing had happened with Jay it would've felt a lot better. He walked up to his room, where he later received his small suitcase from Siva. He laid on his bed, time going by slower and slower, up to the point where he felt insane from his boredom. There's no one to talk to. Siva's probably skyping Nareesha about their wedding while Max is sexting Nina. Nathan thought.

"Tooooom." Nathan moaned, even though he knew Tom would never hear him.

He sighed, getting up and going to his room. He opened the door to see Tom doing pushups on the floor, his body shining as each of his muscles flexed and retracted. Jay stared at him from the bed, his eyes admiring what he was seeing. Kill. Me. Now. Nathan thought, annoyed by what was happening.

"What are you doing?" Nathan asked, his voice sounding more stern than usual.

Jay finally snapped out of it, turning to Nathan. Tom got up, breathing heavily as he took off the sweat on his face with the back of his hand.

"Something you've never done before. It's called working out." Tom said, chuckling a bit.

Nathan rolled his eyes, laying his eyes on Jay instead of Tom.

"You've got a cheerleader, I see. Doesn't do much of a cheer." Nathan said.

"Leave Bird alone. He wants to do something about his body, so I'm teaching him. You gonna leave or stay?" Tom said.

I'm so fucking stupid. I shouldn't get all worked up for everything. Nathan thought.

"I need training myself, so continue with your program." Nathan said, sitting next to Jay. He gave a smile to Tom, leaving him standing there awkwardly.