Chapter 47: Adjusting

Nathan stared at Jay munching on his food as he scrolled through his phone, creeping on people on Twitter. Jay had noticed a while ago Nathan's presence on him, but he had decided to ignore it. Nathan, with a shocked expression, couldn't lay his eyes off him. Jay finally set his fork down, looking back at Nathan.

"Is there a reason you keep staring at me?" Jay asked, trying to sound as kindly as possible.

"Well... You're eating bacon..." Nathan said, his voice low and sounding like a whisper.

"Oh, that makes sense." Jay said, laughing.

"After the whole thing, I gave up on everything I had set my mind to. I stopped caring about everyone else, even the small, defenseless animals. Kinda harsh, you know? But you really did catch me off guard." Jay explained to Nathan.

Nathan wanted to smile, but knew it wasn't the appropriate time.

"I'm sorry. I should've been more careful with my horse." Nathan apologized.

"It was my fault... Let's talk about something else please." Jay said, a depressed smile on his face.

Nathan nodded, taking a bite off his eggs.

"You're so cute when you eat." Nathan said, not thinking twice before saying it.

Jay blushed, looking down on his food.

"Ugh, thanks. So you're... Not straight anymore?" Jay asked.

Nathan sighed, shrugging.

"I don't know. All I know is I really, REALLY like you... I'm sorry if I'm making this awkward on you... Just trying to be honest." Nathan told Jay.

"It-It's okay. Do you think we sho-"

Nathan interrupted Jay as he kissed him again after a couple of days. He missed his warm, luscious haven he called his lips and nothing would stop him from them. Jay didn't know what to do, so he just lingered his lips on Nathan's without kissing back. Nathan didn't pull of anything seductive, since he knew he was already putting Jay in a hard position. Nathan pulled away, smiling.

"Thanks. I know I shouldn't have, but you're my drug Jay. I can't live without you. But I promise I won't kiss you ever again. I know you're feeling uncomfortable. I'd feel the same too if Max or anyone else would kiss me." Nathan said, getting up with his plate. He left it in the sink, leaving to his room.

Jay sighed. He always thought Nathan waking up from the coma would bring a perfect, happy life for both of them, but it's only brought confusion for him. He wasn't sure what to make of Nathan's sudden love for him, and he didn't want to be alone forever either. He was stuck on two crossroads and he knew his entire future depended on his decision to be with Nathan or not.

• • •

"I brought you something." Nathan said, holding something behind him.

"What is it?" Jay asked, a little enthusiastic.

Nathan brought it in front of him, showing him what it was.

"I LOVE YOU!" Jay yelled, running towards the big stuffed teddy bear Nathan had gotten him.

Nathan expected to be showered by kisses and hugged intensely, but Jay embraced the bear instead.

"It's so adorable! Look at his small, black nose! Where did you find him?" Jay said, touching the bear.

"People don't just throw these away, Jay. I bought him. A hundred pounds." Nathan said, a little annoyed.

"For me?" Jay asked, getting up.