Chapter 34: Reunion

Jay went to Siva and Nareesha's place, not knowing where to go exactly. He knocked on the door, awkwardly standing still until they opened it.

"Jay?" Siva asked, looking around him to see if he was alone.

"Where's Nath?" He asked Jay.

"I don't know." Jay responded, shrugging.

Siva nodded strangely, letting Jay come in.

"Hey!" Nareesha told him, Jay smiling back at her.

He wanted to talk with her, since it had been such a long time since they last did. But he still felt depressed with the whole Nathan moment. He started crying, sitting on the couch.

"You fought again, didn't you? What had we talked about Jay? He's bad news for you." Siva said, patting Jay's back.

Jay nodded, his hands covering his tear-filled face. Nareesha came into the scene with worrisome eyes.

"What happened this time? Did he get jealous?" She questioned him.

"Yeah..." Jay managed to say, clearing his tears from his cheeks.

"He wanted to make Tom lose interest of me and that's not his place to stand." Jay continued, now feeling angered.

Siva frowned, shaking his head.

"That wasn't the biggest thing that happened today though. Max... He got out of jail and talked to us. He wanted to-"

"WANTED TO WHAT?! WHAT DID HE DO?!" Siva interrupted him, starting to freak out.

"Nothing bad happened, don't worry. He wants to get in the band again." Jay explained.

Siva threw his hands up, holding his forehead frustratedly.

"I think we should let him." Jay said, dreamily looking at both of them.

"I guess he's our only hope... He needs to apologize though. To all of us. And we still need Tom's approval." Siva replied.

Jay sighed, making a hurt face.

"Don't know. Maybe in his flat." Siva responded.

Jay nodded, getting up from the couch.

"I'm gonna go find him." Jay said, a surge of determination powering him.

"It's late and it gets dangerous at night. Please stay." Nareesha softly hushed, sounding afraid.

"I'll tell you what he says." Jay persisted, leaving the apartment.

• • •

Jay walked to Tom's flat and got scared when he saw the front door open. He entered the building, searching for any sign of Tom.

"Tom?" Jay called after him, examining through his things.

There was no response, the house dead quiet. Jay was about to leave when he heard a small sniffle coming from one of the rooms. He followed it, knowing it just had to be Tom.

He entered Tom's room to see Tom laying on his bed, crying his eyes out.

"Tom?! What's wrong?!" Jay asked, jumping on top of him.

"J-Jay?" Tom asked, his voice sounding groggy.

"Yes, it's me. Don't cry anymore." Jay whispered, giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

"I messed everything up. It's all my fault." Tom said, feeling remorse.

"That's why I came here. Max is willing to help us by coming back." Tom yelled, panicking.